Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C-section scar pain in subsequent pregnancy

Options
  • 18-01-2014 11:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi
    Just wanted to hear from women who have had previous sections and as stated in title have experienced pain in their scar in subsequent pregnancies. What did your GP / Dr. say? Were there any issues during your pregnancy and how bad was the pain?

Reason I ask, I'm pregnant with 4th baby now, I had to have 3 previous sections (emergency section no.1 after placental abruption, section because of breech presentation with no.2, and no.3 they wouldn't hear of anything but a section in case of the very scary sounding UTERINE RUPTURE).

So here I am at 9/10 weeks with scar pain which I've never felt this early on in a pregnancy before, not unbearable or anything but if I stand up fast or turn over in bed, it's like - ow! I could point the exact line of my scar out I get such a sting. I will be mentioning this at my next appt. but am needless to say very very nervous. Was I just lucky on previous pregnancies that I never experienced this at all or what? I asked at my last section was it ok for me to have another and the Dr. said yes, as long as I waited 2 years, which I did, by the way.

All experiences / reassurances appreciated.:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I still get pain in my scar and I've had two VBAC's since!

I think it's just something us section mammies have to suffer with. I find my round ligament pain is much worse this time around too. Definitely mention it to your doc though.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭Kaylami

I'm 12 weeks pregnant with baby no 3 and went to my doc about this exact thing.

Had to have a section on no 2 due to breech presentation.

Having pain and very sensitive in scar since 8 weeks. Feels like it did just after the section.

Doc said as section was only a year ago its normal but not very reassuring. Will deffo be asking midwife/ doc at my first antenatal appointment.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭morebabies

Kaylami wrote: »
    I'm 12 weeks pregnant with baby no 3 and went to my doc about this exact thing.

Had to have a section on no 2 due to breech presentation.

Having pain and very sensitive in scar since 8 weeks. Feels like it did just after the section.

Doc said as section was only a year ago its normal but not very reassuring. Will deffo be asking midwife/ doc at my first antenatal appointment.

Thank you for saying that, I am such a worrier, that is exactly how mine feels when it gets painful, and even the left side which was really sensitive straight after the op is again the most sensitive when I get this pain. Like when I get out of bed now I'm getting out very carefully because that's when it feels like I'm putting pressure on the scar. Not that it's unbearable pain like I said but it is freaking me out because I genuinely never had it before. Just to hear someone else is experiencing it and it's not just me is very reassuring, thanks for sharing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

Hi there congrats on no 4 ! Fair play to u to have all that energy !
    Im 7 weeks on no 3 I had two emergency sections so this time il be a planned c s
    ive had previous twinges on number 2 and now if I get up from chair too quickly I could be doubled over for a minute.
    Definitely raise your concerns but really a cesarean is such a big op n for the body to go through it again n again is amazing .

Advertisement