Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Networking equipment shop in Limerick ?

Options
  • 18-01-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,064 ✭✭✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know of a good shop in Limerick that would sell networking equipment
    Specifically coax cables and pigtails for RF, and crimping tools ?

I see there is a Maplin there but I’m not sure of they have a great selection of pigtails etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Maplin is definitely your best bet. You could check in some of the A/V stores for the coax/RF cables (Future Sound And Vision, Savins etc.) but they won't have any crimping tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭davo2001

Maplin is a ripoff, better to order it online OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 revver

OP what exactly do you want todo? networking over coax cable? what kind of network etc?
    I would not purchase anything from maplin... not even in an emergency!

any wholesale electrical store (eg shannon wholesale) will have coax, ethernet cable (utp only though).. if it's purely coaxial cable stuff you're after then urlan tv will have this kind of stuff.. albeit 75ohm coax, you might be looking for 50ohms? i'm not sure...

ring those two places, or give some more details and someone will let you know what to get...

Advertisement