Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Body Shop UK - 40% Off Everything Including Sale

Options
  • 18-01-2014 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

40% off everything online including sale and 50% off a selected number of their top rated products from 2013.

Unfortunately my card got rejected :mad: Same as last time I tried to buy stuff off the website during the 50% sale. Think it's got to do with needing a valid postcode for the billing address.

If anyone gets around this please share your secret ;)

Might have something to do with my bank being overcautious!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

use your pm address as the billing address..simples

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Blani

Will try that but surely card details have to correspond with your actual billing address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

Blani wrote: »
    Will try that but surely card details have to correspond with your actual billing address?

You're right.There was a Body Shop thread about this very subject about two months back.Look through that and it'll give you the solution.I'm on my phone so apologies for not linking the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,871 ✭✭✭Soarer

Thanks OP.

Mrs. S just got a load of stuff.
    Under "first name" I put in my first and last names.
    Under "surname" I put in my PM ID.
    Entered the postcode, clicked "find my address", and selected "Nightline". All fields auto-filled.
    Manually changed "Nightline" to "Parcel Motel", just in case of confusion.
    Then I clicked the "this is my billing address" box, filled in the card details, and everything went through.

Snorted!

Thanks be-to-Jaysus :D

Finally worked! Just put in normal Irish billing address with PM postcode which I did last time but miraculously worked this time round! The site is crap post check out!

Can't wait for my delivery :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Soarer wrote: »
    Thanks OP.

Mrs. S just got a load of stuff.
    Under "first name" I put in my first and last names.
    Under "surname" I put in my PM ID.
    Entered the postcode, clicked "find my address", and selected "Nightline". All fields auto-filled.
    Manually changed "Nightline" to "Parcel Motel", just in case of confusion.
    Then I clicked the "this is my billing address" box, filled in the card details, and everything went through.

Snorted!

Spot on. 100% works.

Dont forget Quidco.com for an extra 7% off

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

Does this sale exist in the store in Dundrum?

he thread title should give you the answer:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭fartyarse

Chose my items, entered PM as shipping and billing addresses, entered Visa details and it's stuck on the spinning wheel for a good 4-5 minutes now.

Anyone else having this issue?

• Advertisement

Four body butters I had in my cart that were £5 each are now £13 each...

Don't think any of the Irish stores have decent sales apart from the gift sets which are all pretty over priced anyways!

The Irish site doesn't ever seem to have online sales and if so they're never as good as the UK site that's for sure!

fartyarse wrote: »
    Chose my items, entered PM as shipping and billing addresses, entered Visa details and it's stuck on the spinning wheel for a good 4-5 minutes now.

Anyone else having this issue?

I had problems last time they had a 50% sale just before Christmas. Did exactly what you described - entered PM postcode as billing address and authorization failed.

Tried this twice and apparently both transactions went through when I rang up my bank but no confirmation email from The Body Shop. Did the same thing last night though and it worked!

If you have internet banking maybe just check pending transactions to make sure money hasn't been taken out!

Blani wrote: »
    I had problems last time they had a 50% sale just before Christmas. Did exactly what you described - entered PM postcode as billing address and authorization failed.

Tried this twice and apparently both transactions went through when I rang up my bank but no confirmation email from The Body Shop. Did the same thing last night though and it worked!

If you have internet banking maybe just check pending transactions to make sure money hasn't been taken out!

No pending transactions on my account, have tried to purchase at least 10 times by now, still same problem every single time, even following all the advice on the older Body Shop Sale threads. I'm starting to get a headache so I'm giving up. :(

fartyarse wrote: »
    No pending transactions on my account, have tried to purchase at least 10 times by now, still same problem every single time, even following all the advice on the older Body Shop Sale threads. I'm starting to get a headache so I'm giving up. :(

Ugh I know, it's so frustrating!

Did you try entering your actual Irish billing address but with PM postcode?

That's what worked for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭Toast4532

I tried placing two orders before Xmas, neither went through and it took 2-3 weeks to get the money back onto the cards (it was pending).

Placed an order on Sat, and it went through, and I got a dispatch email this morning.

Had to put my parcel motel address as my billing and shipping address even though the card is registered to an Irish address and the money was taken from it.

Great deal, thanks OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I placed an order on Saturday, but while the order shows up on the account, there's no "pending" or other status attached to it. Is this normal?

I think I used PM details for billing and shipping, but can't remember for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Prenderb wrote: »
    I placed an order on Saturday, but while the order shows up on the account, there's no "pending" or other status attached to it. Is this normal?

I think I used PM details for billing and shipping, but can't remember for sure.

Same here but money was taken from account. let us know if yours changes anytime.

I placed an order on Sunday night and it seemed to go through, but I never got a confirmation email and my card hasn't been charged. Very strange!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

Same thing happened me, just checked and it's not even in my account on the body shop. Very odd

• Advertisement

my credit card is showing as pending

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

Thank you very much for your email.

We wish to confirm that the order was not processed successfully.

Please note: It is possible that the funds for the rejected order are being held by your card issuer, please be assured that these funds will not be taken and will be released back into your account by your card issuer.

We have refreshed our system enabling you to place your next order without any problems.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us through email or by contacting our customer care line on free phone 08000 92 90 90, option 2. Please be aware mobile networks may vary.

We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again at The Body Shop®.

Kind regards,

Zeljka Stojanov
    The Body Shop® Online Team

I got a very similar email about my order Del007. Will try again tonight and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

I emailed them today too, and there had been a payment problem. I revised the billing address and it seemed to go through ok - "awaiting dispatch" just now.

The discount still applies, btw, so if anyone else wants some...

Advertisement