Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dublin

Options
  • 18-01-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi all, I've received a job offer in Blanchardstown so will be moving to Dublin in the next 10 days. I was just looking for some advice on areas to look at or if there are agencies I should be getting in contact with?

I was thinking the Castleknock area as it would be close to work, near some parks and not too far from the city centre. I will be driving to and from work.

500 would be around the max I could pay monthly for rent. Hopefully that would include internet and tv but I would expect to split esb and heating bills with whoever I would be sharing with.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Castleknock would be fine as would along the Navan Road. There is a lot of rental potential in the general Blanchardstown area, Coolmine, Clonsilla

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dave the bear

Thanks for replying. Would you recommend any of those areas in particular for someone in their early 20's?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

I presume its a house share at that price? Close to the shopping centre in blanch I'd say. Lots to do cinema gym restaurant a etc. You Dont have much time to find a place...

Yes I would be sharing. I know but I only found out yesterday that they want me to start the 27th but if I don't find anything before that date then I'm sure I can start whenever I do find something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

You'll be spoilt for choice in Blanch, houseshares all over the place. Get in somewhere short term and have a scout about. D15 is a bit far our of the City for me but everything is there.

• Advertisement

So turns out that anything I'm interested in has massive demand or people just don't answer the phone or reply to texts.

On top of this I've to deal with the usual 'females only' nonsense.

Who knew quickly getting decent accommodation in Dublin would be so hard...:P

Does anyone recommend an area that would be at most 20mins drive from Blanchardstown Corporate Park?

I can deal with not being near the train to town initially and try and move closer to the city once I find my feet.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,310 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So turns out that anything I'm interested in has massive demand or people just don't answer the phone or reply to texts.

Who knew quickly getting decent accommodation in Dublin would be so hard...:P

Does anyone recommend an area that would be at most 20mins drive from Blanchardstown Corporate Park?

I can deal with not being near the train to town initially and try and move closer to the city once I find my feet.
    Phoneix park race course seems to be a good location I had friends there who were quite happy

Looks perfect but the majority are >500 before bills.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Have you considered blanch itself, or clonee?

http://touch.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?id=747514&app_dg_choice=site

It's nonsense if you're taking on the whole lease, but it's common and kinda fair enough in a house share.

At this stage I'm considering everything. Thanks for the spot but its females only. :P

I know it's their house so their rules but its devastating having found something nice to read the dreaded 'females only'. I also had major issues with this when I was getting accommodation in Galway for college so ended up paying over the top for a dump.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,478 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

At this stage I'm considering everything. Thanks for the spot but its females only. :P

I know it's their house so their rules but its devastating having found something nice to read the dreaded 'females only'. I also had major issues with this when I was getting accommodation in Galway for college so ended up paying over the top for a dump.

What are the odds! I just picked a random one, but there are loads of places around that price in blanch.

Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster

Harts town/hunts town area is good also close to where u are working and buses are regular. Night link also

Advertisement