Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tragic Incident - Balbriggan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Balfey1972

So sad..

A WOMAN IN her 30s was knocked down and killed while she was out walking with a child in Balbriggan this afternoon.

http://www.thejournal.ie/balbriggan-crash-1269279-Jan2014/?utm_source=facebook_short
    'Due to a serious collision in Balbriggan the main road into Balbriggan is closed on the southern side Directions are in place'

https://twitter.com/GardaTraffic/status/424175853719678977

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,365 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

God rest her, how sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Tragic. My heart goes out to the family.

Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,898 ✭✭✭squonk

I am friends with the sister of the lady in question. Completely stunned. I'm hoping the baby will be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭wazzer1

God it really is tragic, hopefully the ladies husband finds solace in the fact his little daughter will recover to be ok. RIP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

Deeply saddening and tragic.
    Thoughts are with the family.
    A mother and child out for a walk and a life cut tragically short.
    But for the grace of God here we walk.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cathy01

bcmf wrote: »
    Deeply saddening and tragic.
    Thoughts are with the family.
    A mother and child out for a walk and a life cut tragically short.
    But for the grace of God here we walk.

Yep as a mam that pushes a pram honesty i didn't know the girl but I had a pain in my chest when I thought about her. I drove today thinking how did she feel what was her last thought.
    As a community we are stunned.wheni first heard about it i was thinking how can the world just keep too g .why is everyone not as sad as I am.this poor baby and the poor husband . I can't get my head around it. It took till today before I could read about it.the link pjs play centre.the amount of times I've walked out of there.
    It is so sad not a single person in Balbriggan can say they wherent touched by it.rest her sole and give her family strength .her poor baby.her poor family .RIP

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

The poor baby is in an induced coma I read on the journal. We can only pray that the child makes a full recovery.

God bless the family.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

The poor family:(( I hope the child is ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

This was a devastating accident. Tragic. I have never heard such pain in a community. People were shocked and stunned on the street.

Thoughts and prayers with the families. Ar dheis Dé go raibh a anam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭knarkypants

That's another shameful headline from the red tops. The main quote in that is
    A source said: “A full Garda investigation will be carried out into this shocking death. It would appear the car was driving at a high speed and the driver lost control coming around a bend.

“If it is found excessive speed was used or dangerous driving took place then charges will be brought.
    That's not the same thing as the headline
    Gardai to bring charges against driver who crashed into hero mum Olivia Dunne

There's no need for that sensationalism IMO. Of course the driver will be prosecuted if negligence is a cause. That's standard. But all the facts are not known and it's disgusting of the paper to go down that road.

** I do not know the victim or the driver, the poor journalism just grinds me**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

There called rags for a reason.
    I dont even look at the front pages anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,676 ✭✭✭green123

we are usually told more details about what caused the crash and the person who was driving.

for some reason the papers are printing very little about this crash.

why is this crash different ? is there something to hide ?

Does anyone have an update on the condition of the child?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,769 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

I'd imagine that the family just want their privacy now.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement