Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Means Testing Job Seekers

Options
  • 18-01-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi

My wife is getting pressure at work and there is a distinct possibility that she will have to leave or get made redundant. There is a long story to it and she would probably have a case for unfair dismissal but thats another days issue, suffice to say there is intimidation, subtle bullying and pressure from her bosses.

If she does get made redundant will she be entitled to claim the dole even though we are married?

I earn about 42k and we have 1 child.

can anyone answer this question?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

She should be able to claim JSB if she has enought stamps.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭mcgragger

she was self empolyed into the place for a while,went on the books jan 2012 so has 2 years as a PAYE worker.
    A maternity leave was stuck in there also.

do you think she would have enough

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭iamfromcork

She'll get the JSB after 4 weeks if she's fired and 6 weeks if she leaves, she have a means assessment after 9 months but because of your wage she won't continue to received it i say.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭mcgragger

Looks like she will be leaving.
    Her boss is an idiot.

Question is should she hand in 4 weeks notice or 1.
    She is paid weekly.

• Advertisement

mcgragger wrote: »
    Looks like she will be leaving.
    Her boss is an idiot.

Question is should she hand in 4 weeks notice or 1.
    She is paid weekly.
    Ask that here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=10

Advertisement