Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home recording-any advice?

Options
  • 18-01-2014 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi musos, can anyone help in my research regarding home recording? A friend had a small 4-track recorder before and i've no idea what it's called or where it can be bought, for example. I imagine that it would be fine to record simple songs-I will be playing guitar, singing and adding a layer of percussion.
    I'm not technical and am looking for the most user-friendly, simple way of recording anywhere, anytime, even to store a portfolio of ideas. I'd like excellent quality sound.
    Any suggestions on what is good, where to buy the gear and price ranges or places where I can research further would be appreciated. I'm asking here because musicians are in the know, having used the stuff-no point in random googling, I'd like to know what works well. Thanks.

Advertisement