Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Himalaya indian in Clondalkin

Options
  • 18-01-2014 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know if the place is closed down? Went up there yesterday at about 8pm and it was closed, shutters down.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,255 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

In case anyone is wondering, yes, it has closed down :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,347 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Meant to post in this thread earlier - I was up at the shops there last night (ok, ok, the off-licence :p) at about 7:30 and it was completely shuttered front and back. No sign or notice at the door either. Doesn't look good.

No 'To Let' sign either, but that may not be long coming. A shame. You'd think a restaurant that had lasted through all the tough times until now, when trade should be picking up a bit, would survive, but apparently not.

That leaves the Victoria in the village (it's OK, but always felt very rushed eating in there), the Treetops isn't great. There's supposed to be an Italian next to the Claire's pizza place but haven't heard anything about it. Pattaya is supposed to be nice but is a bit of a hike.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Pandinis, the hong hop and bewleys at newlands cross are 3 more. The Italian at claire's only opened over the last week, looks tiny from the outside though

Whatever about the Hong Hop (the old Victoria isn't it?) the other two aren't proper restaurants.

Fingal County Council are certainly not competent to be making decisions about the most important piece of infrastructure on the island. They need to stick to badly designed cycle lanes and deciding on whether Mrs Murphy can have her kitchen extension.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,458 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Ah no way. Myself and my wife used to go up every week, but haven't been up since the start of January (wedding anniversary). That sucks big time. Hopefully they may just be closed for renovations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,280 ✭✭✭Frank Grimes

ninja900 wrote: »
    Whatever about the Hong Hop (the old Victoria isn't it?) the other two aren't proper restaurants.
    Pandini's is, in the evenings at least - I was over there a few weeks ago and it was definitely one anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,946 ✭✭✭duffman13

Claires Pizza is a back open as a restaurant and seems to be under the old manavement which is fantastic. I thought the Himalaya was a decent spot but not spectacular. My favourite Indian was Kasturi in Lucan village, only ten mins away from Clondalkin village.

Himalaya is definitely gone, it says it on their facebook page. Bul-bul was always dead sound in there, sad to see it closed
    duffman13 wrote: »
    Claires Pizza is a back open as a restaurant and seems to be under the old manavement which is fantastic. I thought the Himalaya was a decent spot but not spectacular. My favourite Indian was Kasturi in Lucan village, only ten mins away from Clondalkin village.

Not sure if I'd be interested in Claires
    http://www.fsai.ie/uploadedFiles/Monitoring_and_Enforcement/Enforcement/Enforcement-Orders-Closure.pdf

Himalaya wasn't an amazing indian like Ananda or Kinara Kitchen, it just did all the bog standard dishes, but it did them all well. I always got chicken and never once was it tough or over cooked.
    The premisis were a bit big, something the size of Kasturi would be better.
    Incidently, the night I saw himalaya closed I went to Kasuri. It was nice, I got boti kebab and it wasn't as good as himalaya. I got a balti, the sauce was nice, a bit sweeter than himalaya, but very nice. Chicken wasn't as good as in himalaya, and the naan definitely wasn't as good as himalaya. And the staff were grumpy as fúck!
    I'd go back, the food was nice, but I'd definitely rate himalaya better on my one experience there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

As above in the evening pandinis changes from deli to restaurant, and as for bewleys the brasserie restaurant is on the right hand side when you walk in the door.

Re Clares, judging by their facebook page it seems to be back under old management from many moon's ago ie Clare. The closure order is a little worrying for the takeaway though

Cienciano wrote: »
    Himalaya is definitely gone, it says it on their facebook page.

Bloody facebook! :mad:
    Nothing on their own website about it.

5500 wrote: »
    As above in the evening pandinis changes from deli to restaurant, and as for bewleys the brasserie restaurant is on the right hand side when you walk in the door.

You wouldn't bring a date to either though - would you? That's the real test ;)

• Advertisement

Bloody facebook! :mad:
    Nothing on their own website about it.

You wouldn't bring a date to either though - would you? That's the real test ;)

https://www.facebook.com/himalaya.tandoori.5?fref=ts

Sometimes people just pay per year to host their webpage and don't maintain it once it's set up. So the webpage might be up for a while!
    Sad to see it gone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭brick tamland

Owners opening up again in Leixlip according to the facebook

Any opinions on Pearl Orient?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 johnburke277

is nobody else pi**ed off at these two guys?????
    they sold probably thousands of euros of gift vouchers to loyal cudtomers before christmass,
    dropped down the shutters when they had the money,
    and then have the neck to advertise their new restauraunt on the same facebook page!
    my parents, both pensioners, spent around 300euro in there for presents for family and friends as they have allways been loyal customers of the himalaya, now they feel totally robbed as do many other people i have spoken to in similar situations!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LyndsayR

Although Clare's was issued a closure, it was lifted 3 weeks later, so it obviously wasn't too serious.. And definitely not too serious if they had been granted permission to extend the business to a restaurant.. Can't wait to try it :)..

(For anyone who hasn't tried it, the chilli beef pizza with extra cheese is amazing)

:)

Advertisement