Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is it to late to start studying for leaving cert?

Options
  • 18-01-2014 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hey,
    well the start of 6th year I started out with good intentions but after awhile it went down hill. I am doing my homework and work for class but just not extra study. I've being talking to people and they have been up still 11 o'clock studying and I honestly don't think I could do that as I get up at 6:50 and I find it hard to sleep at night. Im really feeling the stress with ag project and orals. I wondering if ye had any tips for studying. Oh I do school work on the weekends aswell but it's taken up by vast amounts of homework we get. I'm studying honours English homec ag science French and chemistry and pass maths and irish and lcvp

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭missguided

It's never really 'too late' to start studying, and now is the time a lot of people start doing proper study anyway. What kind of points are you aiming for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Won't lie. You are at a serious disadvantage to those who have been studying since September/October.

How late you are depends on your current results and the points you want. If your course is 300 there is no worry. If it's 550 you better get cracking.

For every day you delay there are others getting 4+ hours study on a week day. Leaving Cert is serious stuff. People who treat it the most seriously and dedicate themselves get rewarded.

Study is the only thing that will improve your result.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Brady011

Days 298 wrote: »
    Won't lie. You are at a serious disadvantage to those who have been studying since September/October.

How late you are depends on your current results and the points you want. If your course is 300 there is no worry. If it's 550 you better get cracking.

Hey, thanks
    In looking for 380 but aiming f0r 400 to be on the safe side. I have added more time the last few days. I know that alot of I don't how to word it but "smarter" students, the people who do better are taking alot of days off to study at home is this a good idea? I do want to take the leaving cert serious but I honestly don't know where to start with all the work and I don't know how to study effectively. Till what time should I be studying a night? Thanks again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

Brady011 wrote: »

Hey, thanks
    In looking for 380 but aiming f0r 400 to be on the safe side. I have added more time the last few days. I know that alot of I don't how to word it but "smarter" students, the people who do better are taking alot of days off to study at home is this a good idea? I do want to take the leaving cert serious but I honestly don't know where to start with all the work and I don't know how to study effectively. Till what time should I be studying a night? Thanks again :)

Youve plenty of time so :D. Get cracking. Put in some decent work and youll deffo get your points. 380 is very achievable with some work and dedication.

I dont know about days off. Maybe if you have nothing on in the morning dont go in until you have a class you like/need. In my school 6th years sota just come and go. If you have nothing on after lunch go home I guess. Its up to you really. Its your leaving not the principals or your schools they have completely different agendas than you. Be clever though. I use orthodontist excuse the time I need it.

Where to start is easy. Pick a topic in a subject. Open up the paper and the text book and do questions with the books help. Youll rack up the points as time goes on. Dont expect to learn too much in one night. Pace yourself.

Best of luck. :)

Advertisement