Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viviscal-does it work

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi I have thin wispy hair that's still falling out since I had my last child 4 years ago? Just wondering have a any of you tried viviscal and would you recommend it?
    Thanks
    P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭CamillaRhodes

I'd love to hear some other first-hand experiences too, I'm in the same position. I've been told by a friend that her friend had great experiences with it (for same reason, hair thin since having her kid). She said that it took three months for it to start working, which at 50euro per month is a long time to be waiting and paying without knowing if it's actually going to work. But I'm starting to feel a bit desperate.

I'd love to hear from anybody firsthand who had success with viviscal.

I wanted to get extensions to give a bit more body back but I've been warned off by a lot of people that they will only thin my natural hair even worse :(

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

I had thinning hair and my hair was falling out I took Visical for 5 months my hair thicken up and I stopped losing it in clumps. Have to say it was worth it my friend is getting married in July and wanted to grow her hair and I recommended she start Visical last month and she swears her hair is growing faster.

There is a value pack mccabes do it sometimes for 99.99 for 3 months...

• Registered Users Posts: 10 shavins

Hi there, interested to know if there were any side effects of the vivscal??Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I found it an expensive product that didnt do anything, same with nourikin.

I did found these worked-
    Nu hair tablets:
    http://www.expresschemist.co.uk/NuHair-DHT-Blocker.html

Head High pink bottle (dont take these on empty stomach!)
    http://www.healthstore.uk.com/p400205/fsc-head-high-pro-amino-for-healthy-hair-60-caps.html

kelp tablets (you can get them in any health store, great for skin and hair)

Those silica tablets are not bad either.

I take a multi vitamin daily with iron as when im not taking iron that seems to show in my skin, how much i feel the cold and my hair (I am not anaemic but I suspect slightly iron deficient)

This stuff is fantastic:
    http://www.tailgator.co.uk/tg/pages/eqyssmegatekhorse.html

use it between shampoo and conditioner. its pure protein will thicken your hair and make it really strong. I swear by it.

Shampoos I found useless include plantur (greasy, yuk), nourikin (doesnt lather and seemed to make my hair seem more fine than it is), the new fibrology stuff elvive have brought out (instant greasy hair one day after using).

Shampoos I find amazing include pureology shampoo and condition for volume, john freida shampoo and condition the volume one and head masters volume shampoo (pink bottle)

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

I found Perfectil tablets very good for stopping my hair falling out. Since I have taken them I have noticed that my hair seems to be getting a bit thicker, and can notice baby hairs growing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

I found it an expensive product that didnt do anything, same with nourikin.

This stuff is fantastic:
    http://www.tailgator.co.uk/tg/pages/eqyssmegatekhorse.html

use it between shampoo and conditioner. its pure protein will thicken your hair and make it really strong. I swear by it.

Dark Phoenix -- Stupid question, but is ok to be used on human hair?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

yes if you check on the link i used it tells you how to use it on animals and human. I have used it a lot (saw it working on the animals and as my hair is v fine I thought why not). I shampoo my hair, remove excess water and put some of this on my hands and massage into my hair. leave 5 mins and then apply conditioner to the ends (its v strong protein so if you dont add conditioner it can make your hair feel thick but wiry!). Also you can massage into your nails to make them grow. You can also massage small amount into your scalp and leave over night if you want. it smells amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mathewr788

Facing the same issues

Advertisement