Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA and proving im looking for work

Options
  • 18-01-2014 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

So I am on BTEA since September...Im doing a full time day course in a third level institute. I got a letter from Social Welfare asking me to prove that I am looking for work...and send it back within 14 days or my payment will be affected. I thought as I am in College full time I am not available to take up full time employment and I don't have to be looking for full time work during the College year, obviously in the summer I will be looking for work. Should I be looking for full time work? Does anyone have any information on this? Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

Have you still got the letter awarding you BTEA?
    If so copy it and return it to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Kerry3333

Yes I still have it... And this will be ok? Do I need to fill out the form they sent me then?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sounds like a total mistake, just send back a copy of your award letter and your registration letter.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Kerry3333

Ok great... Have both them letters....Thanks so much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Its a mistake by the sounds of it. Just send back the letter to say you are still a full time student stamped by the college you are attending.

• Advertisement
Advertisement