Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best English Higher Level Revision Books

Options
  • 18-01-2014 1:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

So I have the "Key Notes" book for paper 2 (which is amazeballs in my opinion) but I need a revision book for paper 1. Does anyone have any recommendations? I'm thinking about "This Is Paper 1" or "How To Succeed In Leaving Cert English". If anyone has any opinions on these books please let me know :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Personally, I don't think that there's any point in a book for p1. We use 'Language In Focus' and although it's good as thing go, there's still not much good to it. I would advise using the PEE technique for comprehensions (Google it!), practice plenty on section B's and essays/speeches/reports etc. Google them also - good samples available.

Regarding Keynotes, I think it's great but don't rewrite 100% of what's in the book. The examiners/correctors are beginning to really hate that book and the grades reflect that!

Advertisement