Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Casual Workers

Options
  • 18-01-2014 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

I have what I would have thought was a basic question, but that may not be the case.

I'm on the x's and o's. I work 3 days a week and get paid for the other two.

My stamps are running out soon and my inevitable question is, when I'm working the 3 days, am I not building up stamps? I mean is it not renewing itself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭mrsbyrne

You do continue to build up stamps but here's the thing.
    To be entitled to Benefit you have to have suffered a loss of employment.
    SW will only consider that you have suffered a loss of employment for a certain length of time. Then they consider that 3 days a week is your normal weeks work. Then you will have to be means tested for Job seekers Allowance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

mrsbyrne wrote: »
    You do continue to build up stamps but here's the thing.
    To be entitled to Benefit you have to have suffered a loss of employment.
    SW will only consider that you have suffered a loss of employment for a certain length of time. Then they consider that 3 days a week is your normal weeks work. Then you will have to be means tested for Job seekers Allowance.

Whats the length of time?

Advertisement