Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Value Budget Tablet - Which Nexus?

Options
  • 18-01-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Hi, I'm very new to tablets so need some help in choosing a budget one. I just need something that does the basics so no frills please.

Anyway these are some options:
    Asus Refurb 32GB Nexus
    NEXUS7-32GB (same as above?)
    Google Nexus 7 (again is this the same tablet?)
    Asus Refurb (32GB)

The Nexus seems like one of the best value budget tablets and that's why I'm concentrating on this. I'd just like to know if there's a difference between these and if so which is tops. Thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

BarneyMc wrote: »
    Hi, I'm very new to tablets so need some help in choosing a budget one. I just need something that does the basics so no frills please.

Anyway these are some options:
    Asus Refurb 32GB Nexus
    NEXUS7-32GB (same as above?)
    Google Nexus 7 (again is this the same tablet?)
    Asus Refurb (32GB)

The Nexus seems like one of the best value budget tablets and that's why I'm concentrating on this. I'd just like to know if there's a difference between these and if so which is tops. Thanks!

Look the same to me. Good prices at the moment. The 32gb one is probably the way to go. I get great use out of mine. Go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Got the tablet the other day and very impressed. Can anyone help suggest a good free anti virus software tool - I think it's the Android 4.1 Jelly Bean operating system. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

If you have a nexus 7 there should be an update to 4.4.2 kit kat available meaning you don't need anti virus.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

If you have a nexus 7 there should be an update to 4.4.2 kit kat available meaning you don't need anti virus.

U taking the biscuit? :P
    OK thanks, will take a break and check it out!

Advertisement