Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Port Range issue

Options
  • 18-01-2014 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 45

I've a Netopia 2247-62 router. (Motorola)

I've been having difficulty trying to pull my NAT down from strict to open since I picked up an Xbox One, it's causing hassle with party chat.

Cutting to the chase, in my Netopia settings I'm trying to set up the port forwarding for Xbox One.

I made a mess of a previous attempt.

I've tried making another attempt at setting these ports up again http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/networking/network-ports-used-xbox-live

Problem is, when trying to re-submit these, my previous setting are coming up, that I made an error of. Which is preventing me from advancing past the port range - they overlap.

Is there a way I can remove the previous batch of port ranges I entered? I disabled it, but am I able to remove them as I want to submit the new ones.

(probably not explained too well I'll add)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Turn it off, leave it for a couple of seconds, then turn it back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Doesn't work.

Options on the router include:
    Home
    Configure (Connection, LAN/WAN, Wireless, Advanced)
    Statistics (DSL, ATM, Ethernet, IP, LAN, Wireless, Logs)
    Diagnostics
    Remote Access
    Update Router
    Reset Router
    Restart Router
    Basic Mode
    Help

I've looked in everything, and nothing looks visible to me to remove. Help not exactly aiding my cause either. I'm stumped at this stage. Really am.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,981 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

To be clear on this.

You forwarded ports, but made a balls of it.

You tried to delete those changes.

When you make the new changes the old ones stop you, even though they are not there.

Restarting the router doesn't help.

Next step is a firmware reset and setup from scratch.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

Yep first three parts spot on.

Advertisement