Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poetry Challenge.

Options
  • 17-01-2014 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Following on from the writer's bloc thread, I was thinking we could motivate one another by having a weekly poetry challenge, in the same vein as (brazenly stolen from) the Photoshop Challenge, in another sub forum.

The principle is: you write a poem according to a certain theme or image, which varies from week to week. The person with the most votes (thanks) wins. It can be serious, funny, any form, any style - so long as the forum moderators allow, of course.

I'm not going to write because it's not fair if the person setting the theme is included. But, if it works this week, maybe the moderators might agree to get involved, or else we could take it in a rota?

Inaugural Prize: A Feeling of Immense Satisfaction.

This week's challenge: Write a poem which includes (i) a girl named Sharon and (ii) the phrase "immaculate conception".

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Hey, looks like this didn't take off when you wrote it originally, but I love the idea. Would be great if we could get a few more people interested.

Advertisement