Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If I uninstall app - does its settings also get scrapped?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭

Hi.

If I uninstalled an app - does its settings also get scrapped?

Thanks.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

Worztron wrote: »
    Hi.

If I uninstalled an app - does its settings also get scrapped?

Thanks.
    Yes, are you looking to keep them for a certain app?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭Worztron

advertsfox wrote: »
    Yes, are you looking to keep them for a certain app?

Hi advertsfox.

No but I was thinking that if I downloaded an app and made a lot of changes with it then later did not want them nor the app.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Registered Users Posts: 3,579 ✭✭✭BopNiblets

Sometimes you can export settings with some apps, launchers like Apex and Nova for example, try the apps settings you might get lucky.
    There's other ways if you're rooted, like DataSync, or I believe the Clockworkmod mod team have a backup tool that doesn't need root, I'll see if I can remember it...
    Ah there is is, Helium (used to be called Carbon), no root required: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.koushikdutta.backup&hl=en

Advertisement