Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAO Points Checker - Analyse, compare and predict CAO points

Options
  • 17-01-2014 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

With the CAO application deadline approaching I thought you might find this useful. It allows you to analyse, compare and predict CAO points for most Irish courses. I posted this last August and it received a good response.

You can try it out here: caopointschecker.com

Here's an example graph:
    gk7D8yK.png

Good luck,
    Fanatec

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

I think it's brilliant. Do you know who created it?

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Brilliant! Very useful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Exo

Quite amazing, when comparing course trends within the country. However, they are not indicative of how the economic status/job market will be within 3-6 years which is a mistake people seem to be making. It's what I'm telling myself as I place UCD Architecture as my first option, never lose hope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Days 298

K5DbrMm.png

Great site. Use it frequently. Cry a little when I look at my top choices though :( Fall dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Days 298 wrote: »
    K5DbrMm.png

Great site. Use it frequently. Cry a little when I look at my top choices though :( Fall dammit

Science is it?? :)

• Advertisement

d1234 wrote: »
    Science is it?? :)

Yes :D:mad:
    If I was born 6 years earlier Id be sorted 300 points!

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭WoolyAbyss

It looks like theoretical physics at trinity is going to rise in points **** sake :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Fanatec

I think it's brilliant. Do you know who created it?

Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I created it last summer after my LC for you guys.....:)

Fanatec wrote: »
    Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I created it last summer after my LC for you guys.....:)

Props for making it, very useful. Adding more comparison options would take it a step further ;D perhaps moving the compare boxes below the graph if you were to do that, to keep the layout feng shui.

Fanatec wrote: »

Someone who can code eh.... How much to hack into the CAO database and modifying my results next July :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Someone who can code eh.... How much to hack into the CAO database and modifying my results next July :pac:

Ditto on that if you're going ahead :D

BIS in UCC is a perfect example of how points rise with supply and demand..I'm praying they stay at their level or even drop this year for me :(

Conveniently, three of the courses I'm looking into at UCD are nearly on a level playing field. DN100, DN150, DN201 .. joyous time to be sitting the LC, for the most part. I'm not sure which course dropped/rose dramatically last year, something like 70-75 points!

Exo wrote: »
    Conveniently, three of the courses I'm looking into at UCD are nearly on a level playing field. DN100, DN150, DN201 .. joyous time to be sitting the LC, for the most part. I'm not sure which course dropped/rose dramatically last year, something like 70-75 points!

Process and Chemical engineering in UCC.

Process and Chemical engineering in UCC.

Holy- .. 90 points, I'm sure all applicants to that course were shocked to discover the news!

Advertisement