Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Apartments to Avoid for Being Dodgy

Options
  • 17-01-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

Im looking to live in an apartment near the red Luas line but don't know which apartments are in really dodgy areas - those that aren't safe to walk to at night.

I would love some advice on how apartment complexes in Smithfield compare to those in IFSC or Spencer's Dock or any other place around the Red Luas

Does anyone recommend a specific apartment complex to live that isn't going to be too dodge or noisy at night but still close to town??

Which Area is safest? 0 votes

Smithfield Markets
    0% 0 votes
    Spencer's Dock
    0% 0 votes
    IFSC
    0% 0 votes
    East Wall
    0% 0 votes
    Other
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,298 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I don't think a poll is fair or appropriate in this type of thread, so I've closed the poll.

I've walked in most of those areas and I don't think any is particularly bad - the worst area on the Red Line is actually O'Connell Street. To be honest, I imagine your greatest problems might be how you get on with neighbours that you have to live with for maybe 12 months or longer compared to strangers you only meet once. Some individual pockets will be busy (or too quiet) and that can be good or bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

All of the Red line to Heuston is grand. D3 between town and Fairview (which isn't really on the LUAS anymore) is a bit dodgey but you only need to walk around the area to form your own opinion.

Smithfield can get a bit loud now and again but it's hardly a bad area. If you come the other side of the Liffey Bridgefoot / Watling Streets look dodgey but it's mainly social housing, I've lived here for years and yet to have a major issue. Thomas Street and the surrounds have a bit of character to them but again, not bad areas.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

As Victor says, anywhere beside the luas is no problem, although I wouldn't go further up the docklands because it would involve an extra walk.

My advice is if you can afford the crazy rents in spencer dock, go for that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

As Victor says, anywhere beside the luas is no problem, although I wouldn't go further up the docklands because it would involve an extra walk.

My advice is if you can afford the crazy rents in spencer dock, go for that!

Bit of a soul-less area IMHO apartments are very nice though.

Advertisement