Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone Use Negotiator/ Buying Agent to Buy a Property?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,

I have come across a business that can be used to help negotiate the price of purchasing a property. Its the first I've heard of it.

I am thinking of buying a 2 bed apartment in Dublin city and wondering if I should use them to avoid estate agents trying to get me to buy over the odds by saying there is bidder at a higher price etc.
    Really don't want to pay over the odds unnecessarily for a place or get caught out by ghost bidders!

Just wondering has anyone ever used that service before?
    is it worth it at 0.5% of the sales price?

Use a Negotiator for Buying a property? 2 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes
    Unsure
    100% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭FrClintPower

oiskpoisk wrote: »
    Hi,

I have come across a business that can be used to help negotiate the price of purchasing a property. Its the first I've heard of it.

I am thinking of buying a 2 bed apartment in Dublin city and wondering if I should use them to avoid estate agents trying to get me to buy over the odds by saying there is bidder at a higher price etc.
    Really don't want to pay over the odds unnecessarily for a place or get caught out by ghost bidders!

Just wondering has anyone ever used that service before?
    is it worth it at 0.5% of the sales price?

I've no experience of this myself, but alarm bells are ringing regarding the final sentence. If the buying agent gets 0.5% of the sale price, their incentive is to increase the sale price and not to minimise it to your benefit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

In the States both the seller and buyer have their own agents looking out for their clients' interests.
    Considering the price you will be paying and if you are inexperienced in negotiating with possible sharks then it may be worth it if they can get a sizeable discount off the asing price.

Advertisement