Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare, HSE & Revenue do they not talk to each other?

Options
  • 17-01-2014 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,
    These might seem like a silly questions but I am frustrated at having to send the same info e.g Banks statements, payslips etc. into various state bodies when applying for social welfare payments, medical card etc.
    I have a few questions that people may be able to clear up for me.

1. Do the HSE & Social welfare not share information you send in. i.e if the Social welfare has your Bank statements then can the HSE not get copy from them

2.Can the Social Welfare not see from revenue what your income & tax paid was rather than having to send in a P60 or payslips?

3. Does Revenue send Social welfare the end of year tax details for Social Welfare claimants? if they did it would save a lot of hassle

3.If they can check for peoples credit unions & bank accounts (institutions outside the government ones) then presumably they can co-ordinate themselves enough to have centralised info gathering/sharing

It seems crazy that you need to basically supply the same info to each state body surely there is a centralised system that they can all access. It might be a bit of a stretch to think that this exists but at least if I knew for sure I could refer one to the other to get the info they need. It may speed things up for my applications.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭BonkeyDonker

I believe it has to do with data protection. I know they do pass on some basic information, but cannot for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Ms.Moxy

Anytime I tell them that the info required is already with whichever body they say they have limited access/visibility but they don't actually tell you what it is they can see or not see. You would think they would have an easier job processing claims if they told people what information they can and can't see within other agencies. Data Protection mmh maybe you have a point there but I'm sure that goes out the window if they are building a case against someone then they all have access to each others info probably ( rolls eyes)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Not a state benefits matter,we are here for questions ect on how or what payments to apply for.

Closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement