Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Caravan/campervan/mobile home to rent

Options
  • 17-01-2014 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Does anyone have a campervan they would like to rent out for 2 weeks?

I'm clean, tidy and reliable (can give landlord's references and leave a good deposit). I have a full clean drivers license.

There are some companies that hire out big caravans and campervans but they're really expensive and also I can't collect on a weekday which they require.

If anyone has one that's sitting in their garden out of action, maybe you'd be interested in making a few bob on it.

Galway, Limerick and Kerry are the easiest for me to get to and I'd be hoping to collect next week. Alternatively, if anyone in or near Tralee has a caravan or mobile home they'd like to rent for two weeks, that would be ideal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,158 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

It's my understanding that the main reason most of the commercial rental places are so expensive is down to insurance costs so it might be an idea to contact your insurance company to investigate the cost of transferring your insurance to a fully comprehensive policy to cover a camper before getting into negotiations with anyone who might be prepared to let you have use of their pride and joy...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

My dad has one the past 15 years, and he's never lent it to a soul. Bar 1 uncle who was between campervans. And he was asked often enough to rent it. Too many horror stories of people driving them into low bridges, filling the water tanks with diesel etc..

I'm not saying nobody will rent privately to you, but it might be tough.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 WonderingJu

A mobile home or caravan in or near Tralee would be perfect if no-one wants to rent a camper.

Advertisement