Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Approved for IEC 2013 - Help needed on Expiry??

Options
  • 17-01-2014 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

I qualified and was approved last year.

Anyone know how long you have to enter before it expires?

I have looked everywhere for information and cant find anything.
    I also emailed loads of times and still nothing.

I logged into my Kompass account where the application is and it wont open, I have tried 4 different browsers.
    Its also my understanding that you can only apply once and if you dont go you cant get it again so maybe I would have to at least enter the country to activate it.

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭againstthetide

Coolin325 wrote: »
    I qualified and was approved last year.

Anyone know how long you have to enter before it expires?

I have looked everywhere for information and cant find anything.
    I also emailed loads of times and still nothing.

I logged into my Kompass account where the application is and it wont open, I have tried 4 different browsers.
    Its also my understanding that you can only apply once and if you dont go you cant get it again so maybe I would have to at least enter the country to activate it.

Any help appreciated!
    Did you not get a letter in your mycic account
    That letter should tell you when it expires
    It will be 12 months past the date your visa was issued.
    ie if you got it on 1 jan 2013 you would have til 1 jan 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 43 festesio

Hoping im not reading it wrong but i think it is two years from the date of the letter!

See link . my letter arrived April 23rd 2013, so i believe i have until April 23rd 2015 to enter. i'm aware through a lot of searching that UK, Norway etc it states one year from date of letter.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/arrival-Canada-arrivee.aspx

"You must present your POE Letter of Introduction and passport to a border services officer at the POE upon arrival in Canada on or before the expiry date indicated in the POE Letter of Introduction."

My expiry date shows as Apr 23rd 2015. otherwise i'm outta here in 3 months!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jimmyMin1

im the same ive recieved my poe letter for 2013 with validity date 2015 on it.

i got an email saying i had mail in my kompass account but cant get into my account.
    i cant access my kompass account 2 out of 3 security questions right, no response from emailing them any ideas?
    who is responsible for the kompass account login?

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭fergusb

My POE letter from 2013 has 'Permit Validity" which for me is 1 year after the issuing of the letter (2014). It must be used before this date.

Sounds like the permit validity varies between people....

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

My POE is 2015 as are all the first batches of 2013. I even mailed CIC to ask is it all good and apparently it is. Its whatever the expiry is on your letter was the reply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 pmkpmk

sully2010 wrote: »
    My POE is 2015 as are all the first batches of 2013. I even mailed CIC to ask is it all good and apparently it is. Its whatever the expiry is on your letter was the reply.

Hi Sully. What email address did you use for CIC? Did it take them long to get back to you? My letter also says 2015 so I thought I was fine to go the end of this year, but now I'm really worried that the date is wrong and I have to go in the next 2 weeks!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭sully2010

pmkpmk wrote: »
    Hi Sully. What email address did you use for CIC? Did it take them long to get back to you? My letter also says 2015 so I thought I was fine to go the end of this year, but now I'm really worried that the date is wrong and I have to go in the next 2 weeks!
    Thanks

The date is not wrong, I wouldn't worry. They cant just turn people away even if it was a mistake on their part as they never sent an updated POE saying the first one was a misprint. And several people inquired if it was or not.

Cant find the email but it is on the CIC website somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 pmkpmk

sully2010 wrote: »
    The date is not wrong, I wouldn't worry. They cant just turn people away even if it was a mistake on their part as they never sent an updated POE saying the first one was a misprint. And several people inquired if it was or not.

Cant find the email but it is on the CIC website somewhere.

Thanks Sully. I really hope you're right. I've managed to send a message to CIC but the automated reply says it could be 30 days before I get a response. But if other people have enquired and it's been fine then that's good news.

Advertisement