Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Black Label Society

Options
  • 17-01-2014 3:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭

With the other two BLS threads being 5 & 8 years old respectively (no point in digging up old threads), so i present a shiny new thread dedicated to Black Label Society, anybody else a fan of Zakk & Co.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

New Album Catacombs Of The Black Vatican drops April 7th in Europe

1484094_10151825228511701_1832424459_n.jpg

http://www2.gibson.com/news-lifestyle/news/en-us/zakk-wylde-on-black-label-society.aspx

“If we’re on the road, I’m usually the first one down and first one up, because I don’t drink,” he told Gibson.com. “So, I’ll get up in the morning, and I’ll start running scales. Then, I’ll start playing mellow tunes, like Creedence Clearwater or Bob Seger—acoustic stuff. So, I’ll get song ideas on the road. Then, when I get home, every day, I’ll go into the studio and get inspired to write riffs.”

• Registered Users Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Love me some Black Label Society. Zakk Wylde is my favorite guitarist.

Cover & tracklisting for Catacombs Of The Black Vatican have been released

blacklabelcatacombscover-300x294.jpg

Catacombs Of The Black Vatican Tracklist

01. Fields Of Unforgiveness
    02. My Dying Time
    03. Believe
    04. Angel Of Mercy
    05. Heart Of Darkness
    06. Beyond The Down
    07. Scars
    08. Damn The Flood
    09. I’ve Gone Away
    10. Empty Promises
    11. Shades Of Gray
    12. Dark Side Of The Sun (bonus track)
    13. The Nomad (bonus track)

First track from Black Label Society's Catacombs Of The Black Vatican

• Advertisement

Down to support Black Label Society
    Black Label Society is extremely excited to have the mighty Down join on as direct support for a select portion of "The Revolver Golden Gods" tour across North America.

Down will only be on a select portion of the tour starting May 2nd through May 23rd. See below for a list of all tour dates. Tickets are on sale now and for all additional information stay tuned to the Black Label Society Facebook profile.

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=99859

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    First track from Black Label Society's Catacombs Of The Black Vatican

Very Alice In Chains.

Bumping this up, Zakk Wylde on GN'R

When asked about GN’R, Wylde humorously responded,
    They had more hookers, more strippers, more cocaine, more heroin and more alcohol than any other band, and no other bands could hang with them. None of them, and therefore they were declared the obvious winners and the obvious champions. That’s why we love them.

http://loudwire.com/zakk-wylde-guns-n-roses-full-metal-jackie/

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Dargull

Really diggin’ the new album. Disbelief is the stand out track for me at the movement but I’m hearing nice hooks and riffs on nearly every song with each subsequent listen. Can’t wait to hear some of these songs live at the gig in April.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

I'd agree, it's a very solid album all round. I'm really liking "A Love Unreal" and "All That Once Shined" but saying that, there isn't a song on the album that I don't like.

The gig in April should be deadly!

Advertisement