Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaking

Options
  • 17-01-2014 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭

Not had a drop since 27th December, so exactly 3 weeks today off it.

Anyways, finished up a Librium detox on the 2nd January. I feel great, fresh and revitalised but one thing I've noticed is both my hands shake for some reason - would this be to do with the alcohol withdrawal or possibly the benzodiazapam/librium withdrawal?

As I said, other than that I feel great apart from a bit of a disrupted sleep pattern.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

See your GP. He'll assess you and either reassure you or put you on a milder dosage of something. One thing is for sure - don't diagnose yourself online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭The Wild Bunch

:o
    See your GP. He'll assess you and either reassure you or put you on a milder dosage of something. One thing is for sure - don't diagnose yourself online.

I'm not on anything now. GP said it could be what I thought it was, just to be double sure I'm gonna go for a blood test next month to see if anything to do with a thyroid problem, but hopefully it's just the above

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Fair enough. Back in 2008 I spent 2 months in hospital (drink related - prolonged stay due to a screwup in the meds they gave me). I was shaky to say the least going in. But full surgical precision didn't return for another three months. Remember, you're also probably naturally nervous doing things that before required a few drinks to handle. In my case...that would have included queueing, anything involving offialdom, or talking to another human for a prolonged period of time. Fair play on the three weeks off. Todays the 17th. Make it to the morning after Paddys day sober and laugh at the sore heads on the 18th. Shakes should be gone by then and a newfound stride in the step instead.

Fair enough. Back in 2008 I spent 2 months in hospital (drink related - prolonged stay due to a screwup in the meds they gave me). I was shaky to say the least going in. But full surgical precision didn't return for another three months. Remember, you're also probably naturally nervous doing things that before required a few drinks to handle. In my case...that would have included queueing, anything involving offialdom, or talking to another human for a prolonged period of time. Fair play on the three weeks off. Todays the 17th. Make it to the morning after Paddys day sober and laugh at the sore heads on the 18th. Shakes should be gone by then and a newfound stride in the step instead.

Terrific post, thanks for your input :)

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Carpet diem

Get yourself to a doctor.

• Advertisement

Get yourself to a doctor.

Read above, ive been to the gp :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Not had a drop since 27th December, so exactly 3 weeks today off it.

Anyways, finished up a Librium detox on the 2nd January. I feel great, fresh and revitalised but one thing I've noticed is both my hands shake for some reason - would this be to do with the alcohol withdrawal or possibly the benzodiazapam/librium withdrawal?

As I said, other than that I feel great apart from a bit of a disrupted sleep pattern.

Any help greatly appreciated :)

Well done on continued success, IMO it's all got to do with your alcohol withdrawal, It takes at least seven weeks for the alcohol to start clearing out of your body,It's great your feeling great so what's next for you what's your plan or goals

edit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭enoughalready

The Wild Bunch - good luck on your journey; I read a book recently called: The Easy Way to Control Alcohol by Allen Carr and it has literally changed my life. Well worth the read - changes your whole perspective on alcohol. Hope that helps. (",)

Advertisement