Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unbelievable insurance quote

Options
  • 17-01-2014 12:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭

My car insurance is up for renewal
    AON/RSA quoted me €1588

Got the same through Chill for €600

That's nearly a grand of a difference :confused:

No claims, no points etc

Shop around people!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

My car insurance is up for renewal
    AON/RSA quoted me €1588

Got the same through Chill for €600

That's nearly a grand of a difference :confused:

No claims, no points etc

Shop around people!!!

Don't take it personally, but it was AON/RSA's way of saying they didn't want to renew your profile. They are just as happy that you went elsewhere. All insurers practice this if they want to move the profile mix on their books

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

yep , the sh!t hit the fan in RSA recently - they just don't want your business no more.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,562 ✭✭✭eyescreamcone

MidlandsM wrote: »
    yep , the sh!t hit the fan in RSA recently - they just don't want your business no more.

The feeling is mutual :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

But this practice has been in place for a while. I was quoted over €1k on my renewal from 123/RSA. While on the line to the lovely lady who said i'm sorry that this is the best that they could offer me, i got a quote for €360 on line with.....123/RSA.

My original policy with 123/RSA was €430.

Amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

I got a quote last week from *** for e818.90. I rang them immediately saying it was e600 last year, nothing changed on the policy. I had been with them for the past 4 years. He fiddled with the computer & came back with e620. If I were to pay e818.90, they would have gladly accepted it. I wasnt a bit impressed so I checked around & I am getting it from a different company for e547. Didnt pay it yet, due 1st Feb.

• Advertisement
Advertisement