Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile phone repair shop Galway

Options
  • 17-01-2014 9:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 334 ✭✭

Can anybody recommend a good mobile phone repair shop about the place, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The one above Carbon Nightclub has been the most popular recently, but there are at least nine places in town at the moment so others may be more competitive price wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Techstar down be docks...heard they were brilliant...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Snowshower wrote: »
    Techstar down be docks...heard they were brilliant...
    +1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,977 ✭✭✭thesandeman

The one *** has been the most popular recently, but there are at least nine places in town at the moment so others may be more competitive price wise.

Seems like the one I mentioned are employing shills here so I no longer recommend them

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Dont go to fonez in corbett court whatever u do, i brought my phone to them after i got water in the charging connector and it stopped working and they fixed it no bother but i went to make a call and realised that they had broken mic in the process, so i brought it back into them saying that either they didnt reconnect the mic to the main pcb or they damaged it in the process of fixing it and could they fix it, they tried to tell me that it was corrosion damage because of the water and tried to charge me after waiting about 2 hours for the manage to actually come into the shop and an hour of arguing with him they decided to do it for a reduced amount rather then arguing i stupidly paid it
    then probably 6 months later i took the phone apart myself to fix the headphone jack and noticed that a considerable amount of screws were missing and the only people who had ever opened it before then were the fonez people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,998 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Seems like the one I mentioned are employing shills here so I no longer recommend them
    Personally i always found them very pushy and over anxious to get business when you made a query.
    Much prefer the guys in Techstar,nice and friendly.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Skittlemon

Just out of Nokia Care Galway, my Lumia 800 went in for a dodgy charging problem and they upgraded it to a Lumia 925 under the warranty!! SWEEEEEET! :D
    My sis had her Samsung Galaxy screen fixed there a few weeks back and no bothers there either afaik!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Bartron

I would just like to add to what Keyboard Cat posted above. Stay well clear of Fonez. Their customer service skills and deplorable. I brought my phone in to have the screen repaired and it was working perfectly besides. When I got it back the screen was repaired but it would not recognise any SIM. They tried at first to make out that it was like that before they got it. They were very rude and aggressive and fobbed me off for over a week finally saying that they would fix it. They contacted me to say the phone would be ready on a Saturday. I requested that they give me a report on what they did to the phone for my own records. They said it would be 5.30 before the report would be ready on the fixed phone. When I called in to collect the phone it wasn't fixed, it was all lies but they ended up having to give me a new phone. I've had a luck escape, but my advise is stay well clear.

Advertisement