Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HOW & WHY CombatSim Devs MUCK UP the Flight Sim Market

Options
  • 16-01-2014 8:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭

I'm not actually going to buy IL2 Battle of Stalingrad, Gold or Silver Edition. The JU52 is not flyable in either edition.
    No feature of the HE 111 either in the trailer.
    An otherwise commendable WW1 Flight Sim was slated by critics because, well, if you wanted to earn extra points, you could fly up to ridiculous balls in the sky, to add to the player score. Combat Flight Simulator 3 by Microsoft was the other dud. Any other flight sims that you can think of, that scoffed at historical fact?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭2011abc

This was mad fun but arcadey to put it mildly .

http://wwiaircombat.com/games/wings-of-war/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I don't understand what your rant is about ?
    The Clip is not in game ? It makes it look like an arcade game but it's far from it.
    777 Studios are the gang behind Rise of Flight which is a superb Simulator.
    And I'm sure this will be too.

Check the latest Fan made Alpha footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvUbn8BYXKM#t=41

• Registered Users Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭ytareh

Meh... I never got into Rise of Flight (trimless planes are a pain to fly and I prefer the IL2 button config esp for 'views'/zoom ).I have it on my hdd but only fire it up for 5-10mins every few months .IL2 1946 is still the king for me .But IL2 Cliffs of Dover sure is pretty ...

ytareh wrote: »
    Meh... I never got into Rise of Flight (trimless planes are a pain to fly and I prefer the IL2 button config esp for 'views'/zoom ).I have it on my hdd but only fire it up for 5-10mins every few months .IL2 1946 is still the king for me .But IL2 Cliffs of Dover sure is pretty ...

I totally agree as far as il2 1946 is concerned. It's got more hours of my life than any one person or job lol
    Have you checked out the Team Fusion mods for IL2 COD ?They've added a massive amount of changes that really help the sim. But still alot to do I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement