Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where best to source Hi-Vis Jackets with logo for CFR Group

Options
  • 16-01-2014 7:58pm
    Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭

We're setting up a Cardiac First Responder group in our locality and are about to go live. We need to source high visibility jackets for our 20 members with our CFR logo printed on them.

Would anyone have any recommendations for a supplier ?.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭goldie fish

Any safety equipment store, such as Anderco would be able to provide what you require.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭ratracer

We're setting up a Cardiac First Responder group in our locality and are about to go live. We need to source high visibility jackets for our 20 members with our CFR logo printed on them.

Would anyone have any recommendations for a supplier ?.

Thanks.

What part of the country are you in? safetydirect.ie are a good supplier.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭truebluesac

Flashpoint systems do group buy discouts and supply good quality first aid gear cheap ,

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭time lord

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭sgthighway

You need to be practical too. Those jackets can be expensive. Would you consider just going for bibs. It would be much cheaper. They are also easier to store and maintain.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Shiraz 4.99

sgthighway wrote: »
    You need to be practical too. Those jackets can be expensive. Would you consider just going for bibs. It would be much cheaper. They are also easier to store and maintain.

Would have preferred bibs myself but we were informed they had to be full length coats.
    Amazon have any number of resellers selling these generic jackets
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001C80AZ4/ref=s9_simh_gw_p60_d1_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=1PWBKDEPSJ5ASCN5G8SJ&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=455344027&pf_rd_i=468294
    They are very cheap but the reviews are pretty good.

I was looking at Snickers jackets but they're 70 quid each and we cant justify that, it's a bit of a minefield tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Borrow a full length coat and mimic what you will be doing with a patient in a Cardiac Arrest scenario. You will be burning a lot of energy in a heavy jacket/coat which will tire you out. Just my two cents.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

Would have preferred bibs myself but we were informed they had to be full length coats.

Trust me, you don't want or indeed require a full length coat. The ambulance service stopped issuing full length coats about fourteen years ago because they are just not practical. Go with a waist length 'bomber' style jacket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Has anyone seen a hi-vis vest with a see-through folder on the back, so you can insert your own logo?

• Advertisement

Yes there are loads out there on the market , just do a search hi vis with heat pocket

Yes there are loads out there on the market , just do a search hi vis with heat pocket

Are you sure about your terminology here? I've tried Googling for this 'heat pocket', but I can't find anything. There are lots of vests with a see-through pocket on the front for ID, but I haven't seen anything with a pocket on the back.

These see through pockets are call heat pockets . If you are looking for really cheap and chearful look at getting the identity badge and putting velcro on the hi vis and glued to tye identy thingy

Thanks for getting back to me, but a search for

high vis jacket "heat pocket"

is not coming up with anything useful or relevant;

https://www.google.com/search?q=high+vis+vest+%22heat+pocket%22&oq=high+vis+vest+%22heat+pocket%22&ie=UTF-8#q=high+vis+jacket+%22heat+pocket%22

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Alot of the Irish suppliers use www.uniformexpress.co.uk

We have our uniforms supplied by them and they are quick, prof, courteous and have alot of configuration / heat pocket / embroider options.

Some of their stuff is a little bit pricey but the pricey stuff is very long lasting, hard wearing and good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Batman124

miju wrote: »
    Alot of the Irish suppliers use www.uniformexpress.co.uk

We have our uniforms supplied by them and they are quick, prof, courteous and have alot of configuration / heat pocket / embroider options.

Some of their stuff is a little bit pricey but the pricey stuff is very long lasting, hard wearing and good quality.

I've seen some of their stuff and not all seems be very high quality...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

Batman124 wrote: »
    I've seen some of their stuff and not all seems be very high quality...

It depends on what you buy I suppose. Like most they have the cheap options that do the job but wont last or they have the pricier options which will last you a good few years

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭searescue

I know a lot of SAR orgs in Ireland use http://www.hivis.net/ - you can design the jacket/vest etc. online and see what it looks like.

You can also have reflective badges on them.

Advertisement