Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

8.11 patchnotes are out

Options
  • 16-01-2014 6:08pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭

From http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/01/16/8-11-patchnotes/

Storm disclosed the 8.11 patchnotes. Here’s the translation.

- Supertesters get three new vehicles for testing: T23E3 (US tier 7 premium medium tank), T95E6 (US tier 10 reward tank), Grosstraktor Krupp (tier 3 German premium medium tank)

Maps

- new map “Windstorm”, 1000x1000m, European winter map, semi-city map
    - fixed some game elements on the following maps: Erlenberg, Redshire, Highway, North-West
    - completely removed the Port map from all the game modes
    - added new map “Ruinberg on fire” – Ruinberg with rain and fires going
    - added new map “Winter Himmelsdorf” – winter version of general Himmelsdorf
    - fixed the bug where you can enter the building inside the cap circle in Himmelsdorf Encounter
    - improved the game performance (SS: FPS) on maps Fisherman’s Bay, Serene Coast, Severogorsk and Ensk
    - fixed the excessive brightness of some effects on certain maps

Mechanics and fixes

- added new mode, “National battle”, in which the teams are balanced based on the nation of origin of the tanks
    - added new group operations with the crew: mass retraining of the entire crew on the new tank and the one-click return of the old crew
    - added the option to disable the battle chat (only text messages – you will still see the “command wheel” commands and pings)
    - added the option to view the chat history
    - added new icon for the situation when the tank is on fire, analogical to the drowning icon
    - added the option of disabling the killcam (viewing the tank that killed you)
    - the mission/discount window – some improvements were added
    - when you rightlick on a tank in your garage, new option was added to go straight to that tank’s statistics
    - research window now has an option to go to that tank you are viewing in the hangar
    - added the option to activate fire extinguisher by left-clicking the fire icon in the left lower corner of the screen
    - after the destruction of your tank, the camera will now first cycle to the tank of your platoon member and other tanks after that
    - added the reload time remaining to the “reloading” message (from the command circle)
    - added new markers to the aim reticle settings
    - fixed the bug where the mastery badges “disappear” for many players
    - fixed the chat and voicechat in team battles
    - fixed sharp drop of FPS on some PC configurations, when looking closely at some of the Japanese tanks
    - fixed the way visual camo works: now, if you buy camouflage pattern for gold, it gets stored and you can return to it later if you buy other camo of the same type
    - added new “Hero of the Battle” medals: “Main Caliber” (for doing damage) and “Tanker-Sniper” (for doing damage at distance over 300 meters)
    - the “Sniper” medal was moved from “sniper” to “special” category, in the achievement window you will be able to see how many Sniper medals you got and on what vehicles. It will not be possible to recieve Sniper medals anymore.
    - added several new awards especially for team battles
    - added the option to actually see you fulfilled the conditions for the mastery badge, even if you already have one for that vehicle
    - optimized the motion blur effect
    - added the modifiers, influencing the skill level of the crewman to the crewman personal window
    - richochets were reworked graphically
    - Raisenai Heroes medal was visually reworked
    - fixed the replays mechanism (they sometimes were saved with bugs or not at all)
    - fixed the speed meter when the tank is moving backwards
    - insignia of tankers of all nations brought to one standard

Vehicle changes

- fixed the bugs in size of Type 59, T-54, WZ-120, Nashorn
    - fixed the armor of Foch 155, Foch and AMX AC 48
    - rebalanced some parameters of following vehicles: Foch 155, T110E4, T110E3, Object 268, WT E-100
    - increased the profitability (money-making ability) of following tanks: Lowe, T34, 112, T-34-3, FCM50t, M6A2E1
    - MM weight of artillery reduced by 10 percent
    - following tanks have the suspension damage model detailization standardized: T29, T32, T34, M37, M41, Chaffee, Pershing, T92, Hellcat, M4A2E4, M46 Patton, M103, T57, T110E5, T26E4, T110E4, T110E3, M44, M53/M55, T69, M60
    - M44 was drowning too early, it was fixed

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Spear wrote: »
    From http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/01/16/8-11-patchnotes/

Storm disclosed the 8.11 patchnotes. Here’s the translation.

- Supertesters get three new vehicles for testing: T23E3 (US tier 7 premium medium tank), T95E6 (US tier 10 reward tank), Grosstraktor Krupp (tier 3 German premium medium tank)
    - the same gun as T110E5
    - 2000 hitpoints
    - good maneuverability
    According to For the record.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,106 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Nody wrote: »
    According to For the record.

It's meant to have an excellent mantlet too, 400mm level. Some of the other reward tags may have been of dubious use, but this one may be worthwhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

- when you rightlick on a tank in your garage, new option was added to go straight to that tank’s statistics
    - research window now has an option to go to that tank you are viewing in the hangar
    - added new group operations with the crew: mass retraining of the entire crew on the new tank and the one-click return of the old crew

Nice little improvements that should have been done earlier really.

- added new icon for the situation when the tank is on fire, analogical to the drowning icon
    - added the reload time remaining to the “reloading” message (from the command circle)

About time. Mod packs had these available for so long now.

- increased the profitability (money-making ability) of following tanks: Lowe, T34, 112, T-34-3, FCM50t, M6A2E1

Ka-ching for my T34!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXUl9uTn-o0

Turn on the English sub-titles.

It has details of the new map Windstorm and of the changes to Erlenberg, Redshire, Northwest and Highway.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Aenaes wrote: »
    .....increased the profitability (money-making ability) of following tanks: Lowe, T34, 112, T-34-3, FCM50t, M6A2E1...

I was considering treating myself to the JadTiger 8.8cm in a week or two. Would the Lowe be better if it getting an increase to its money making potential? (I already have the E-25 premium TD)

• Advertisement

Tenger wrote: »
    I was considering treating myself to the JadTiger 8.8cm in a week or two. Would the Lowe be better if it getting an increase to its money making potential? (I already have the E-25 premium TD)

Jagdtiger 88mm isn't getting a credit increase because it is already one of the highest credit earners. The tanks listed above are getting an increase to bring them in line with the Jagdtiger. E-25 is pretty good at earning credits but tier 8s are better.

Here's a list of the profitability of premium tanks: http://www.vbaddict.net/statistics.php?fieldname=creditsn

It may not be completely accurate but it shouldn't be too far off.

Another reason to buy a premium tank is to gain advantage of switching crew members. As you have the E-25, you can put any German TD crewmembers into the E-25 and they will perform the same as if it were their own vehicle. So there is that aspect to consider if you are going to buy another premium tank.

Alot of the available premium tanks on tier 8 are quite sluggish. Although, the T-34-3 would be quicker than the heavies, I don't think it's as fast as other mediums and it seems to be just a lesser Type 59.
    The Super Pershing doesn't seem as formidable as it was because of the armour nerf it received.

Personally, I would probably buy the FCM 50 t as it has better mobility and the gun is decent. It all depends if it fits your playstyle and if you intend on playing French heavy tanks (which are difficult to master).

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Cheers for that. I knew the JT 88 got better money making hence my attraction to it. However I thought I already have the E-25 for training up me TD crews. So I would be duplicating that element. (And I'm not sure if I want to get many more of them)

I had read that the Lowe and JT were very good. If the Lowe now matches the JT in credit generation then It would allow me to make money and train up crew for my (yet to be gotten) German Heavies. (Currently grinding away at the DW2)

I am not liking my French tank. Currently got the AMX40, aiming for the ELC. Had not planned to go pas it.

The Super Pershing might be good but I am still a way from getting myself US Heavies. Just on the M4 at present. Going to aim for the T29 and T20 from there.

I am trying to plan ahead really. I am mainly focusing on the German,UK and US techtree. (as well as going up the Russian KV line) I am still a long way from a mature garage, but I am definitely going to get myself some German Heavies so thought the Lowe is good fit. I may not get past the T29 for the US. And while the Chinese tanks are good scouts I would have doubts about my own ability to be a good scout.

EDIT: I think the premium matchmaking should be factor in my decision. And its a decision which does not need to be taken for a while yet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

I would probably pass on the UK stuff, some of their arties are ridiculously hard, the bishop ...fecking hating it, low damage against mediums and heavies, shortest range tier 5 by half or more... I'd say and feels like the slowest tank in the game. The UK meds are large and squishy. The heavies are ok, but the tier 10 is nowhere near as good as the americans. The american medium line (with the T71 in it) is good fun and does not feel as hard to grind. The Chinese lights make great scouts if thats what you are into.

The lowe is not good fun imo, it is fecking enormous and I dont think the MM is kind to it, you would find yourself at the bottom of the team a lot of the time, according to noobmeter it is number 10 out of 15 in the tier8 heavy tank category. Number 1 is the IS6, go for that.

Well AMX 40 leads to the French mediums so the FCM 50 t would not work as a crew training tank. Likewise, the Super Pershing is a medium so would not work for your US heavies.

US heavies are good tanks, particularly T29 and T32 with their awesome turret armour. German heavies still have the "wow" factor and should be good for the Historical Battles in future. Russian heavies are generally considered the most "noob friendly" as they are easy to use with strong-ish armour that doesn't really need to be angled and good guns which deal good damage per shot.

Since you're still at low tiers and already have an E-25, I'm guessing you're not struggling for credits just yet. Perhaps waiting to see what premium might benefit you the most for crew training and suits your playstyle would be best. Don't forget, they are on discount from time to time.

One more thing I forgot to mention is the special matchmaking some tanks have. T34 and Lowe are good tanks but they do meet tier 10s in battle. KV-5, Super Pershing, Jagdtiger 88, etc. only meet tier 9 maximum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

Aenaes wrote: »
    One more thing I forgot to mention is the special matchmaking some tanks have. T34 and Lowe are good tanks but they do meet tier 10s in battle. KV-5, Super Pershing, Jagdtiger 88, etc. only meet tier 9 maximum.
    Indeed ... Type 59 only gets tier 9 maximum as well (as long as you dont platoon with a tank that can get tier 10's against it)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

Lowe all the way. had stopped playing mine a while ago, but deffo gonna start playing again. need to credit farm to buy my batchat and other tier 10s

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Lowe=bonfire waiting to happen :P

I only own the SP.. The nerf has made the armor much less trololololo but it's still a fun tank.

Advertisement