Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Viewing an apartment with other potential tenants, what to expect?

Options
  • 16-01-2014 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,

I will be viewing an apartment next week in Dublin that I really want. It is going to be an "open viewing". I'd say the other viewers will want it too because of the location and because the rent is cheap. This is my first time viewing an apartment and I haven't a clue what to expect.

I know you should dress well, bring documentation like landlord and work references. I'm also planning to bring the deposit in cash.

Should I make an offer straight away in case someone else tries too? Should I bring additional cash in case other people are also offering to pay the deposit there and then? Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,238 ✭✭✭✭djimi

My (somewhat limited) experience of this is that the agent will take the details of the interested parties, then make a decision and contact people back over the next few days.

That said, my exprience is from a somewhat less hectic rental market than Dublin currently is, even if the property was getting a fair bit of attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

ninjabox wrote: »
    Hi,

I will be viewing an apartment next week in Dublin that I really want. It is going to be an "open viewing". I'd say the other viewers will want it too because of the location and because the rent is cheap. This is my first time viewing an apartment and I haven't a clue what to expect.

I know you should dress well, bring documentation like landlord and work references. I'm also planning to bring the deposit in cash.

Should I make an offer straight away in case someone else tries too? Should I bring additional cash in case other people are also offering to pay the deposit there and then? Any other advice would be much appreciated.

Under no circumstances hand over cash tomorrow, this is a sure way to be scammed.
    Bring copies of landlord, work references if you have them, by all means if your interested in the apartment tell the agent. They will most likely offer to take your details.

Advertisement