Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I get my money (bookies mistake)

Options
  • 16-01-2014 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I done a 6/5 fold last night and wrote it out on a docket and brought it to the till, the woman on the counter (who has made mistakes like this loads of times and still has a job somehow) transferred the bet from my docket to one of the coupons using the computer (claiming not to be able to find one of the teams I wanted so I told her to leave it turning my 6 fold into a 5 fold) anyway all 5 selections (the 6th won aswell therefore she cost me more money but anyway) that I wanted won and I should be up €550 or so but the Bilbao game I wanted last night she mixed up with their game on Monday vs Valladoilid, should I get my full money considering it was her mistake and why didn't she just print the docket I handed her, Thanks for your replies in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Joe10000

Unfortunately there are no such things as bookies mistakes, it was your bet and you should have checked your docket before leaving the counter.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hud420

It was actually a friends bet I just worded it like that for the post, I do agree but and I would always check the docket myself, I just think it's a joke that he wrote it out perfectly and instead of just printing the docket he handed her she had to do it on a computer instead, the woman in question has made numerous mistakes like this before

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hud420 wrote: »
    It was actually a friends bet I just worded it like that for the post, I do agree but and I would always check the docket myself, I just think it's a joke that he wrote it out perfectly and instead of just printing the docket he handed her she had to do it on a computer instead, the woman in question has made numerous mistakes like this before

I worked as a Relief Manager at Ladbrokes and know that Joe is correct. If you didn't have all the selections that you made previously and didn't request it be kept as the original, then it is your own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Hud420

No I asked him that myself and he said she didn't, Feel awkward now having to tell him he won't be getting paid, hopefully Bilbao do the business for him Monday but and it all won't matter, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Hud420 wrote: »
    No I asked him that myself and he said she didn't, Feel awkward now having to tell him he won't be getting paid, hopefully Bilbao do the business for him Monday but and it all won't matter, thanks for the reply

If she uses the coupon docket that has all those football matches like almost 100 or so, if memory serves me correctly, it is for her convenience. I am assuming it is the accumulator docket.

Every thing is done through the computer. She needs to scan the accumulator docket or she needs to scan the hand written docket and input the selections.

So whenever you, your friend or anybody you know goes into a bookies, let alone any business ensure you are getting what you originally planned to go for.

When you receive your receipt, stop for a minute or two to read through the receipt to ensure the selections are correct and all details are double checked...including correct match time/date.

Hope that helps.

• Advertisement
Advertisement