Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Outdoor Light with sensor and manual switch

Options
  • 16-01-2014 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭

I do not know if this exists, but does anyone know of an outdoor light which has a sensor, and also has a manual switch which can overide the sensor (i.e. turn off the light, or turn it on). Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I have one. Bought it in my local neighbourhood electrical shop, so it can't be all that unusual. I've no idea what brand it is, but any leccy shop should be able to help you out.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

Did the switch come with it? Or is it just that your electrician had a switch in the house turning on and off the electricity source to the light. That's probably a stupid question. This is the one I was going to buy, but it doesnt seem to have a manual switch: http://www.reuter-shop.com/philips-ecomoods-16943-93-16-wall-light-with-sensor-w-268-h-93-d-155-cm-anthracite-p421202.php

• Registered Users Posts: 28,794 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Mine is wired into a bog standard wall switch in the kitchen..... I'm not sure if that's what you're after, or a light that is sold with its own switch... it has to be wired up anyway so you could wire it to any switch you like....

Apologies if I'm completely misunderstanding your question here! I'm sure there will be people on here tomorrow with a FAR better understanding of these things :D

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Gangu

No, thats the answer Heidi! I was just not sure if it worked that way. Thanks.

Advertisement