Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

superbowl

Options
  • 16-01-2014 1:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows of any places that will show the Superbowl in Limerick?

I think showtime cinema did last year, I emailed them last week but got no reply :/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,840 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Try their Facebook.

It was a big hit last year so I think they might show it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Limerick91

AFAIK Flannerys on Denmark Street show the Superbowl. The US Football team in UL used to go there to watch the games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Harpy

Yeah, big flannerys have shown it the last few years they have a BBQ as well, hopefully they do the same this year it's a good Craic..

Edit: Just checked the Facebook page and they're showing..

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

watched it in Flannerys the last few years and it's always packed. Showtime had it on last year but I'd rather be able to walk around and have some banter with people. wonder will they show Wrestlemania again this year actually that was great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭1huge1

Seen it in Showtime last year

It really was a great night, the place was packed until it ended around 4am.

If I remember correctly, they charged €15 for entry which included 2 Budweiser bottles and some nachos or popcorn. You could bring your own beer and thankfully the place didn't end up full or scumbags or people causing hassle, just a great atmosphere really.

I do remember the manager saying though that they did make a loss on the event and they did it just to get some publicity for the cinema, I really hope they do it again this year though.

I suppose getting the license to open that late could be expensive (similar problem for Flannerys I would imagine too).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Showtime cinema are saying "Watch this space" on their Facebook page regarding the Superbowl

Update from showtime

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭johnmolloy554

Update from showtime

It looks like they're not going to show the full game? Stopping at 2am.

In the comment's of the above post on Facebook they are saying they will show the full game. :)

Jus purchased my tickets to watch it in Showtime! €12.50 each

• Advertisement

hope Flannery's show it again, was great the last two years, you wouldnt think there are so many Americans in town

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭James McNulty

krudler wrote: »
    hope Flannery's show it again, was great the last two years, you wouldnt think there are so many Americans in town

They are! http://www.facebook.com/flannerysbarlimerick

I'd like to see it in Showtime but the pub atmosphere is better (and no entry fee!)

They are! http://www.facebook.com/flannerysbarlimerick

I'd like to see it in Showtime but the pub atmosphere is better (and no entry fee!)

Yeah same and it's a long ass time to be sat in a cinema seat least with the pub you can mingle and have banter with people and walk around

Advertisement