Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tourism

Options
  • 15-01-2014 9:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm in LC and I am looking for courses that I may study next September.

I am really interested in the Bachelor of Arts (Hons) in Travel and Tourism Management in IT Tralee.

My biggest apprehension would be whether or not it is a good idea to go to college in Tralee when I'm from Sligo.

What is the IT and Tralee in itself like to live in and would I find it hard to make friends if I go here not knowing anyone.

Would there be many students from counties outside Munster who attend IT Tralee or would I be the odd one out.

I really want to do this course as its modules are the best I've seen from looking at a lot of places.

All info would be appreciated!

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

Hey there,

There are people from all over the country in Tralee. It's not hard at all to make friends in college! Between your course, where you live and clubs and societies. Tralee a nice place, you won't be bored much here.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Don't worry about being from Sligo, people all over come here. There's loads of clubs and societies to meet people outside of your class but unless you're put in with the biggest shower of ****es, you'll make plenty of friends after a few weeks. The college is grand, friendly out, pretty quiet but the facilities are fairly decent. Tralee town isn't my favourite place i'm honest but it has plenty of pubs and you'll not be stuck for a decent student night out.

Advertisement