Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which drum kit is best for me?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 7:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I'm 14 but really interested in learning the drums. I started learning the drums 4 months ago and would like to get a kit to practice on. I am playing mostly pop/rock/punk music. I need a good kit that will be able to sell on if it doesnt work out. Willl buy second hand 200E-300E. So now I need to know which type of kit i should get. I know Pearl is good but I cant afford that. Mapex? DXP? Performance Percussion? Millenium? Help me please :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭callmepetardu

Picking up a kit for that cheap is one thing, but you'll have to invest in cymbals and decent stands too. Save up for a decent starter Mapex or PDP kit, or if you can save well and think you'll keep it up, a Pearl Export and pick up cymbals too.

What are you playing on at the minute?

An alternative is electronic drums. Different feel to a real kit, but great to learn on!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MusicGAALover

@callmepetardu Don't like the feel of electronic kits and I have enough space for a real one so I'm heading in that direction. At the moment I'm playing my school kit (Mapex) for lessons and my neighbours for practice (Pearl).
    Would you recommend a Mapex?

If you can find a Mapex Tornado Starter Kit, go with that. Bare in mind you'll need to buy pedals and cymbals too!

If you can get to Dublin, go to Musicmaker and go downstairs to what they call the 'Drumgeon'. They're really helpful and will give you a good deal on something to get you started :)

http://www.thomann.de/ie/mapex_tnm5244zbl_tornado_standard_bl.htm That's best value for money, actually! And within your budget too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MusicGAALover

Thank you so much! Hopefully it all works out!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement