Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Activities in Galway

Options
  • 15-01-2014 6:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hey guys,
    My 25 year old brother is coming to visit me (18) in Galway city tomorrow and I want to do something other then bowling or going to the cinema. Any suggestions are most appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Museum, Aquarium, free walking tour of the city at 1pm, bone carving studio.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,139 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Theres always go karting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭reap-a-rat

Pureskill in Knocknacarra is a lot of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭ciano1

Get drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭L'Enfer du Nord

To para-phrase a much used Galwayism:
    In no other city(ha!) would you get this question, in what other city would it be so hard to answer. There's just something about Galway.

Not the best time of the year to do anything other the drinking. Slot machines etc. in Salthill?

Prue Skill is pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

If you have a car you could go out connemara, theres windsurfing and canoeing where you get your own little boat and go out on the bay relatively cheap in rusheen bay, rock climbing in NUIG if they still have it, drive out to the burren or cliffs of moher again only if you drive, swimming or gym in salthill, swim in blackrock, horseriding lesson, pottery class by a guy called Laurence in the city meant to be good, poker tournaments even if your a beginner- they do them down near forster court in one of those pubs by centra, fishing, golfing, tennis, soccer any other sport that tickles your fancy, get delicious food from the dough brothers or the Indian guy parked by them at the market, go to a match, a comedy gig or see a live band in the Kings Head, a play in one of the theaters, check hotels and colleges for events.. ok I'm all out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

Treadhead wrote: »
    Go to the aquarium, it's well worth a visit for anyone interested in the marine ecology and sealife.

Then go to the Oslo for lunch and sone excellent Galway beer....

Good call.

I always bring guests for a walk on The Salthill Promenade. It offers a unique snapshot of Galway people pursuing a Galway tradition.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement