Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help please - disability allowance non payment

Options
  • 15-01-2014 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone, I'm in receipt of disability allowance and I get it through the bank, (bank of Ireland)
    however it wasn't in today as it normally does be,
    I do rely on it as I've bills to pay, I'm awful worried now,
    I'm hoping it was a glitch,
    as I don't think the welfare crowd would take the money of me without notifying me!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

hmmm....did u receive it on the same day last week? over christmas did u receive any letter in the post that would have asked you to confirm if you situation had changed in any way that would effect your eligibility of said payment? I know that you can visit ur local social welfare officer and if there has been an error they can issue you a dept of social welfare cheque to the same value as your payment. did u ring up the office today and query it?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

hmmm....did u receive it on the same day last week? over christmas did u receive any letter in the post that would have asked you to confirm if you situation had changed in any way that would effect your eligibility of said payment? I know that you can visit ur local social welfare officer and if there has been an error they can issue you a dept of social welfare cheque to the same value as your payment. did u ring up the office today and query it?

Hi thanks for your reply,
    Yeah been receiving the disability allowance on a Wednesday the past 4 years,
    No got no letters or anything like that,
    I went to the bank after 4pm and I could not ring after 4pm as welfare offices are closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

The bank would have nothing to do with your payment really. Have you a banking app on ur phone or even online banking to see if the payment went though yet. If you've been in receipt of it the last four years then i wouldn't worry too much. Just ring your branch of social welfare first thing in the morning and see what the issue is. Have you changed addresses recently where said letter may have gone to a different address?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭iguy

The bank would have nothing to do with your payment really. Have you a banking app on ur phone or even online banking to see if the payment went though yet. If you've been in receipt of it the last four years then i wouldn't worry too much. Just ring your branch of social welfare first thing in the morning and see what the issue is. Have you changed addresses recently where said letter may have gone to a different address?

That's true, but my local bank is not great, most weekdays and nights, the ATM does not even have sufficient funds or the right denominations, I've had trouble with them before,
    I have online banking, to be honest I only get my money through the bank because its handy if I'm sick, etc, otherwise it would be in the post office.
    I'll ring them in the morning,
    They should have my current address I've being living in my current accommodation for just under 3 years.

Thanks for your help MisterKipling, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

I wouldn't panic over payment being a day late into a bank account, if it went to 2 days, then yes I would certainly be getting worried.

• Advertisement
Advertisement