Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving cert study?? HELPPPPPP

Options
  • 15-01-2014 6:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I usually start my homework at 5/5:30, then at 6:30 I have dinner and then I go back to homework at 7. I continue on till about 8:30 or 9. And that's only homework! I'm ALWAYS way too tired and headachey to do any sort of study. For homework I do my work that has been assigned to me for that night, complete whatever project works/write up experiments. I also make notes for my self some subjects such as geography or English especially. But that's all. At the weekend I try to do my weekend homework all on the Friday and then spend Saturday and Sunday doing exam questions and study. Is this ok? I feel like I'm doing way too little!! I'm aiming for about 430+ points wise, for general nursing in tcd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jcarroll07

First off make sure you have a study plan. I was running around like a headless chicken before I had one not knowing what to do or trying to do to much all at once. You should be looking to get at least 2 topics a day in two different subjects done.

I general had one free period a day during class time that I used for revision. My main study time was 6-8 then 9-10. The last hour 9-10 I also used for revision. Ideally try to have the topic you want to revise prepared meaning you know what it is you need to work on remember it takes time to prepare revision think about using 10-15 minutes at the end of every day to plan for the next day.

When it come to home work I would say do what you (preferably all of it) but if it is interrupting with your general revision make sure to talk to your teachers. Personally i never did more then 1:30 hours of homework so as to give me time to fit in revision. It did once become a problem at the start of 6th year but i talked to my teachers and they were very understanding and helpful about it.

I have this problem too. I get home at 4:30, have dinner and start my homework by 5. I'm usually finished around half 8 or 9 and that's without breaks. I always have a headache by the time I'm done and I haven't been able to start studying yet! Maybe you could talk to your teachers?

Advertisement