Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

afterlife

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

With respect, scientists are still arguing if quantum physics even proves multiverses.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ugh, with do you think OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,252 ✭✭✭✭endacl

oceanman wrote: »
    In response to your well thought out, eloquent and compelling post, relating to the link you provided, I have to say...

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭oceanman

endacl wrote: »
    In response to your well thought out, eloquent and compelling post, relating to the link you provided, I have to say...

:rolleyes:
    I just put it up to let anyone who wants have a read....no real thoughts on it one way or the other myself..

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

maccored wrote: »
    With respect, scientists are still arguing if quantum physics even proves multiverses.

I thought they've pretty much come to a consensus that there are multi-universes:

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/421999/astronomers-find-first-evidence-of-other-universes/

Also, there's some hypothesis making the rounds that black holes actually form a funnel where they pull in everything within their event horizon - however, while the matter funnels down into the black hole, it eventually drops into a bottom. Further, there is some speculation that our universe was part of a larger parent universe and we got sucked into a black hole and now we are at the bottom of one. I can't remember all the reasons for scientists have to come up with this their, but one is that they've measured spontaneous energy bursts coming from space that have no other explanation. They thought that these bursts could be communications from a universe outside the black hole we're in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭indy_man

I believe multi-universes are very much refuted by leading scientists.

This is nearly two hours but well worth taking the time to watch. It has a section near the middle on multi-universes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

A Book titled

To date no scientific study has ever been published in a book. If it was of any scientific value it would be in a paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭seb65

indy_man wrote: »
    I believe multi-universes are very much refuted by leading scientists.

This is nearly two hours but well worth taking the time to watch. It has a section near the middle on multi-universes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZS1x-6al2pE

I mean a multiverse as in the infiniteness of our universe expanding into regions beyond what we can see - other universes where the same laws of physics apply. Most cosmetologists believe this is correct, according to Scientific American..

In fairness, previously most leading scientists would have disagreed that "aliens", aka life forms on other planets, exist. However, we've discovered that our universe has so many galaxies that it is near certain that "aliens" exist.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭indy_man

Well I believe Christ and Elijah ascended without dying. So they must me out there somewhere! Probably not the same life forms you were pondering on.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Im a fan of the mutiverse idea - Im just pointing out that science itself hasnt decided on the reality of multiverses or not.

seb65 wrote: »
    I thought they've pretty much come to a consensus that there are multi-universes:

http://www.technologyreview.com/view/421999/astronomers-find-first-evidence-of-other-universes/

Also, there's some hypothesis making the rounds that black holes actually form a funnel where they pull in everything within their event horizon - however, while the matter funnels down into the black hole, it eventually drops into a bottom. Further, there is some speculation that our universe was part of a larger parent universe and we got sucked into a black hole and now we are at the bottom of one. I can't remember all the reasons for scientists have to come up with this their, but one is that they've measured spontaneous energy bursts coming from space that have no other explanation. They thought that these bursts could be communications from a universe outside the black hole we're in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement