Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digging bait in sutton

Options
  • 15-01-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

What's the story with the rag worm in sutton(dollymount side)? i've dug bait here for about 25 years but this year the area opposite st fintans school has been pulverised by digging. somebody targeted this area around june this summer and over the course of a few weeks left it looking like a moonscape. this person/people have ruined it for the likes of me. they've totally fleeced this resource.

Also,what's with all the tyres left here by the mussel beds? is this the same people hoping to harvest all the crabs come spring...hope not.:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭floattuber_lee

tyres are used as crab traps

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

BeautyHQ wrote: »
    What's the story with the rag worm in sutton(dollymount side)? i've dug bait here for about 25 years but this year the area opposite st fintans school has been pulverised by digging. somebody targeted this area around june this summer and over the course of a few weeks left it looking like a moonscape. this person/people have ruined it for the likes of me. they've totally fleeced this resource.

Also,what's with all the tyres left here by the mussel beds? is this the same people hoping to harvest all the crabs come spring...hope not.:mad:

It's a shame to read of this as it can take years for rag beds to return to a healthy state.. that's why a lot of people are very cautious about revealing where they dig.

and where there are tyres to be seen at low tide, then there are people after the crab that live there

Advertisement