Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reading RFID chip with NFC on S4

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

Is it possible for the s4 to read a rfid chip using its NFC technology, I just want the phone to register that a chip has been scanned i have been trying but with no success(using various NFC apps, turning NFC on holding chip to phone, nothing happens), Can anyone give me some advice if this is possible and if so what apps they used. thanks.

**Info i found elsewhere online:

"RFID chips operate at several different frequencies whereas NFC tags all operate at 13.56MHz. There is a type of RFID chip that also works at this frequency but I still don't think it will work with an NFC reader"

Can any one verify if the above is correct

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭Chet T16

RFID can also use 125khz.

I found my S4 to be much fussier about reading stuff than my nexus 7 or S3 was. Where the NFC tag info app will read my debit and student cards on those the S4 just flashes up a "this tag is not supported" message.

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Casshern88

Hi Just managed to get exact specs of RFID chips i was testing, ive attached them below, would some one mind haveing a look at it and confirming for me that there wont work with NFC, spec sheet says frequence is 125 khz on the rfid chip if im reading that correctly

Advertisement