Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charlestown Shopping Centre Apartments - Safe?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all! Me and the wife are thinking about renting an apartment right above the Charlestown shopping centre in Finglas. Could anyone please tell me if it's a nice and safe buildind/neighbourhood?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tigershould

my sister lives across the road in cityside and shops in charlestown - never had any problems with the neighbourhood in over 7 years.

i cant comment on the apartments although they look like a decent build with underground carpark.

the shopping centre has a doctors/dentists/boots/massive dunnes/eddie rockets/butchers/nail bar/hairdressers/heatons/lifestyle sports/parcelmotel/ulster bank to name a few.

there's 24hr madonalds/kfc next door and their building a new cinema.

finglas village is a 5 min walk and its right on the M50 for commutes.

decent spot imo

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I live in this area and in general It is safe. There are a few teenagers about hanging at the usual spots but they've never given me any trouble in 4 years. A friend though did have a bunch of them try to nick his phone at the bus stop, they may not have even been from the area all the same, sometimes roaming gangs come through the area- I had a €50 bike stolen by one of them during the summer- in fairness the lock I used was piss poor so it was asking to be taken.

Shopping center has a good range of shops and the 9,83 and 140 bus routes are all very close to it. The 140 is the quickest to get to the city centre, the 9 and 83 go winding around housing estates for a while before pointing towards the city.

What rent are they seeking for a 2 bed apartment above the shopping center OP? I know when they first launched the empty units about 12-18 months ago they were renting for 950pm, would be interested to hear what the asking is now.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I've had reason to visit a few times since last Saturday.
    Seems perfectly fine.
    For good measure- you're also only a stones throw from Ikea.
    Finglas itself is a lot more middleclass than it might have been perceived to be, a few decades ago.
    Charlestown itself- was pretty deserted for the last few years (aka they built it at a bad time and had trouble finding both commercial and residential tenants)- but its turned the corner, and is very reasonable.

Given its location, sitting on the M50- if you have to commute by car, you're well catered for. Public transport may leave a little to be desired.

Advertisement