Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blackrock last night

Options
  • 15-01-2014 3:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

The MIL's house got broken into last night, thankfully no one injured but a lot of sentimental products were robbed not to mention the mess the little b*!_¥£$s left.

If anyone noticed anyone or anything suspicious in the Sydney Avenue area of Blackrock between 18:30 & 21:00 , please contact Blackrock Gardaí on 6665200.

Thanks,
    B

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭spillit67

There's been a few burglaries in the last few weeks. There's definitely a group doing the rounds.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭sgt.bilko

booterstown was hit as well last night, allegedly same group of scobies from west dublin :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

seems to be alot of them, if someone has alot of jewellery/valuables, it's worth looking at a servie like this imo

http://merrionvaults.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Any response locally from the Guards to this seemingly targeted activity?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,425 ✭✭✭✭ted1

The neighbours house in seafield was done just before Christmas and another one that I know of in killiney hill road. Probably the same guys

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Any response locally from the Guards to this seemingly targeted activity?

No. They are sitting in Blackrock Garda station playing snooker with donuts and servicing their pensions with breakfast rolls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

keith16 wrote: »
    No. They are sitting in Blackrock Garda station playing snooker with donuts and servicing their pensions with breakfast rolls.

How do you play snooker with donuts?

keith16 wrote: »

in fairness, the investigating gardai were on the scene within 5 minutes of the call being made.

it's not their fault that they have had 3 days off since the crime occurred (they told me that at the time that they were off for 3 days) and therefore not in a position to investigate the incident. so to say that they're sitting in the station playing snooker and eating brekkie rolls or donuts is a bit uncalled for.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,459 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

sgt.bilko wrote: »
    booterstown was hit as well last night, allegedly same group of scobies from west dublin :mad:

Source?

antodeco wrote: »
    Source?

word on the street, no evidence per say so that's why "allegedly" is included.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

A friend had told me this week that there were houses burgled in Abbey Road in Monkstown and Rockford Park in Stradbrook Road over the Christmas holidays.

A very stressful time for those families dealing with that sort of predicament.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

spillit67 wrote: »
    There's been a few burglaries in the last few weeks. There's definitely a group doing the rounds.:(

http://www.herald.ie/news/eight-arrests-in-swoop-on-burglar-gang-30110631.html

• Registered Users Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I hope those scumbags get what is coming to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,916 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

I hope those scumbags get what is coming to them.

Whats coming to them is a bunch of suspended sentences and the probation act, they deserve quite a bit more than they will get from Courts in this state.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Not one of them from west dublin lol..

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I didn't think the press were allowed to say people were travellers in relation to crimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Larbre34 wrote: »
    Whats coming to them is a bunch of suspended sentences and the probation act, they deserve quite a bit more than they will get from Courts in this state.

Exactly, and thus the cycle will begin again... until harsh sentences which act as a deterrent to these immoral ****ers are given out, it will keep happening, and such initiatives are moreso just kicking the can down the road, rather than addressing the real problem which is sentencing.

I remember when my house got robbed and there was handprints left on the window and were told the people who were suspected of breaking in were known to them, but there was nothing they could do despite the handprint. Was unbelievable.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A little update, hope no one was holding their breath...

http://www.thejournal.ie/arrests-dublin-burglaries-1373429-Mar2014/

Advertisement