Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recieve Canal Digitaal Astra 23.5

Options
  • 15-01-2014 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi
    I have installed a Sat801 M7 satelite receiver to pick up dutch channels. I have bought the basic package off canal digitaal and should be getting netherlands 1,2,3 etc but as of yet I am only picking up BVN channel. The other channels are coming up with bad signal or no signal. I have a 80cm dish but was wondering do I need a bigger dish for the west of ireland to pick up 23.5 astra?

Thanks any help appreciated, really stomped on what it could be
    Alan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,414 ✭✭✭swoofer

80cm is fine, but what lnb have you got, and have you tweaked the dish? thats a very strong sat.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 A Hall

Thanks Gbcullen

https://imageshack.com/i/0ctzevj here is the readings I am getting on my meter. I tried it several times to which this was the best I had to show for it. Also the lnb used is the same one used for astra 28.2? I know there is a duo lnb for astra 23.5 and 19.2 but all the hd channels are on astra 23.5 so won't bother with 19.2

i'll check in the morning for signal strenghth, i am in west of ireland but with a 1.1m triax and a black ultra quad lnb.

I was thinking bigger dish might be needed. Let me know how you get on please

Thanks
    Alan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

A Hall wrote: »
    https://imageshack.com/i/0ctzevj here is the readings I am getting on my meter.

Why are you checking that frequency? Listings sites have it as occasional feeds.

Also, I don't think BVN is on 23.5?

• Advertisement

It was the preset that came with the sat meter. Sorry just checking dutch channels frequencies rtl 8 12515, Netherlands 1 12188 and netherlands 2hd 11739 should I be using a frequency closer to 12000 Peter?

Use a frequency/polarisation/symbol rate that is actually in use on the satellite you want. Here is Astra 3B @23.5 degrees east: http://en.kingofsat.net/pos-23.5E.php

Obviously, you should only try the DVB-S2 transponders if your meter works with DVB-S2.

According to the channel search function on that site, BVN is only carried at 19.2 & 13 east, so maybe your dish is currently aligned on 1 of those.

Thanks Peter thats very helpful

Just looked up my meter first strike fs1 according this webpage I can detect dvb-s2 signals.
    http://legalfreetoair.com/index.php?topic=1003.0;wap2
    "The FS1 is made for MPEG2 signals but has the ability to detect other signals. See the chart below.

MPEG2 SD Signal / Quality / Lock
    MPEG2 HD Signal / Quality / Lock
    MPEG4 SD Signal / Quality
    MPEG4 HD Signal / Quality
    DVB-S2 Signal / Quality
    Digicipher Signal / Quality
    Digicipher 8psk Signal / Quality"

I will put in the frequency according to the channels I want. I looked up astra 19.2 and the frequency 11475 is very close to what is used on the 19.2 so maybe I am actually on that satellite after all.

Thank You
    Alan

Hi I checked that sat for you as I thought, its on a europe wide beam and as powerful as ASTRA at 28east so a sky zone 2 will pick it up here in WOI. Forget that meter, I dont know your box but it must have a facility to add channels and if it does use that to get a lock, here are 2 free to air frequencies,

tv noord 11914H, 27500 FEC 5/6 and CHAMBER TV 12168V27500 FEC 5/6.

I get 85%signal and 98% quality so 80cm dish is more than enough.

good luck and post back with result.

I took your advice and ditched the meter and just used the a channel on the box to pick a signal with a person inside checking it. The box is set up already for canal digitaal and the TV Vlaanderen Digitaal. It's a paid subscription for the canaal digitaal with a basic package given Nederland 1,2,3 RTL 5,6,8 etc. I put in the frequencies you have given into my meter to which nothing happened so meter is a little suspect.

Thanks for the help gbcullen

• Advertisement

A Hall wrote: »
    . . . I put in the frequencies . . . into my meter to which nothing happened so meter is a little suspect.

Did you enter the correct polarity via LNB settings: 13 volts for vertical, 18 volts for horizontal?

Advertisement