Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I buy a house in NAMA?

Options
  • 15-01-2014 12:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi I'm currently renting a house through an estate agent the properties are owned by a builder who is in Nama. Is it possible for me to try and buy this house or do i have to wait and see if it ever comes up on the market.

I thought maybe if an offer was put in Nama would force them to make the sale but obviously you can see i have no idea.

Any help appreciated. thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭shenanagans

If the property if up for sale, you are free to make an offer.

http://www.irishhouses.ie/nama/nama-properties-for-sale-ireland-uk.php

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Shedzafew

I would contact the estate agent and ask them what the situation is.

It would be strange for individual houses under NAMA control to be sold outside of the open market or auction. This is so as they need to be able to show that the house achieved the highest selling price if personal guarantees were signed by the builder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

as the last poster said no harm contacting the EA and seeing how an offer might be received.

Nothing ventured nothing gained but just because something is in NAMA doesn't mean that they are looking at asset disposal in any kind of short term so if your thinking of getting a huge discount you will probably be sorely disappointed anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,105 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

cosher10 wrote: »
    Hi I'm currently renting a house through an estate agent the properties are owned by a builder who is in Nama. Is it possible for me to try and buy this house or do i have to wait and see if it ever comes up on the market.

I thought maybe if an offer was put in Nama would force them to make the sale but obviously you can see i have no idea.

Any help appreciated. thanks

If you work or have worked for NAMA then you probably have a much better chance. :rolleyes:

Seriously contact EA.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭cosher10

hi thanks for the replies i will get in touch with the agent and see what they say about it.

cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement