Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gmail app wont open attachments

Options
  • 15-01-2014 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    Not sure if this is the right place for this but my gmail app on my phone or tablet will not open attachments from email. It keeps coming up that it is an "rtf" file. I have googled this and tried installing a few different reader apps but no joy.

Does anybody know off hand any apps that will support this type of file?
    Thanks.

Mods feel free to move this if there is a more appropriate forum.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

RTF is a Rich Text File, saved from Wordpad in Windows. Any text editor application should open that.

Might I suggest QuickOffice, it's from Google and is linked to Google Drive - works very well and should handle that format easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

advertsfox wrote: »
    RTF is a Real Text File, saved from Wordpad in Windows. Any text editor application should open that.

Might I suggest QuickOffice, it's from Google and is linked to Google Drive - works very well and should handle that format easily.

Thanks so much for your reply!
    Unfortunately its still showing that the file format cannot be supported or something along the lines of that. I will keep trying ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,113 ✭✭✭homer911

Actually its a Rich Text File and its a cross-platform format designed to be opened by many applications. The file size of a RTF file is substantially bigger than say a .docx file due to the need to support different standards

Advertisement