Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reduced JSA, out of home?

Options
  • 14-01-2014 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Reg'd user unreg'd for this post due to its personal nature. Just looking for a bit of input if any of you have any information.

I'm 21 and getting €100 p/w on JSA and I'm about to be kicked out of my family home.

If I've been kicked from home and I've to go down the route of getting a housing needs assessment for Rent Allowance etc, is there any increase in my JSA payment considering the circumstances? Living off 100 p/w just isn't possible. I'll have the choice of having to eat, or sit in the cold and the dark?

I get this isn't the personal issues forum, what I'm looking for is information on State Benefits that are maybe available?

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

Reg'd user unreg'd for this post due to its personal nature. Just looking for a bit of input if any of you have any information.

I'm 21 and getting €100 p/w on JSA and I'm about to be kicked out of my family home.

If I've been kicked from home and I've to go down the route of getting a housing needs assessment for Rent Allowance etc, is there any increase in my JSA payment considering the circumstances? Living off 100 p/w just isn't possible. I'll have the choice of having to eat, or sit in the cold and the dark?

I get this isn't the personal issues forum, what I'm looking for is information on State Benefits that are maybe available?

Thanks!

AFAIK there won't be an increase in your SW payment because it is age-based and you are getting the full amount for your age.
    You might be entitled to rent allowance but you would need to get on the council housing list and then find a private residence to rent in the meantime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 556 ✭✭✭sligoface

Unfortunately no, they don't care if you are living at home it is just based on age. My housemate is on 144, if she was a new claimant she would be on 100 as well. See if you can find friends to stay with for a while and contact your cwo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

You are exactly the person that I worried about.

No. You won't get any increase. It is an appalling situation. How is your job hunt going? What part of the country are you in?

I've been there, not a washer in my pocket, and nowhere to go.
    Sorry cant be of better assistance, just wanted to +1 it to say you ain't alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Thanks for the info guys. I appreciate it!
    myshirt wrote: »
    You are exactly the person that I worried about.

No. You won't get any increase. It is an appalling situation. How is your job hunt going? What part of the country are you in?

I've been there, not a washer in my pocket, and nowhere to go.
    Sorry cant be of better assistance, just wanted to +1 it to say you ain't alone.

Job hunting isn't going anywhere at all to be honest which puts me in a bit of a hairy situation but such if life, I guess.

I'm in the Limerick region but now I'm obviously looking at opportunities I can explore in any location.

Thanks again to all.

Advertisement