Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cached Exchange mode query

Options
  • 14-01-2014 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

Recently I had an issue where the global address list wasn't updating for users. The fix for this was to take outlook out of cached exchange mode which allowed the GAL to update for all users.

However, since moving outlook from cached exchange mode numerous emails going back as far as two years have been sent out from users mail accounts.

This is after causing a bit of confusion and I'm wondering if there's a way of preventing this? Even if there isn't, is there a particular reason why the mails would be cached for that length of time before sending.

TIA

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭janeparker

For better functioning, it is better to turn on exchange server mode in Outlook. This practice gives a better access with saved copy of mail server i.e. located on computer through synchronized connection.

Advertisement