Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tomb Raider PS4/XONE

Options
  • 14-01-2014 2:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭

anyone know will there be an uprgrade deal for this one like assassins creed 4

loved this game on ps3 dont mind getting it again for my ps4

how much does gamestop give for trading the ps3 version in?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Haven't heard of any upgrade deal and as the game is available for 9.99 or 3 for 20 new in gamestop right now (I got it last week in a 3 for 20 last week on the 360) I doubt there will be such a deal available.

And I'm sure the trade-in value won't be a great deal unfortuately.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,407 ✭✭✭Nollog

I think they said there wouldn't be, it's being treated as a new/separate game even though it's just the PC version downgraded.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

/\/ollog wrote: »
    I think they said there wouldn't be, it's being treated as a new/separate game even though it's just the PC version downgraded.

It's actually improved over the PC, they've redone lara herself and improved shader and lighting effects over the PC version. The only downside is the locked frame-rate and the price.

They might release a directors cut including these updates for the PC version as they did with Deus ex, but while it won't be a full price game it also won't be free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Enjoyed the game, actually really enjoyed it but have no desire to play through it again with improved visuals. It's exactly the same game right??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,437 ✭✭✭biggebruv

calex71 wrote: »
    Enjoyed the game, actually really enjoyed it but have no desire to play through it again with improved visuals. It's exactly the same game right??

it is yeah
    i know i should not buy this im a fool for doing so but i cannot help it LOL

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,232 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Didn't bother with the original release due to other games and stuff at the time. PS4 release though, I'll definitely check it out. Heard good things about the gameplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I thought I read somewhere that some of the DLC will be included, but can't be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Played and really enjoyed it on PC but there's absolutely zero chance I'll pay full price for it again, I think they're absolutely nuts to try charge that. It should be €30, it would sell well, people would double-dip.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Apparently her hair looks even better in this version...

I enjoyed it on PS3, it was good but needs refinement, too Uncharted like for me, not enough (any) crazy hard puzzles. No way would I pay full whack for it again no matter how pretty it looks now. The DLC of a 10 minute cave and some MP maps doesn't sell it for me either.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd put money on it just being the PC version on max settings. With tesselation, much higher res textures and TressFX it's pretty much a next gen game on PC already and looks far superior to the console versions.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Didn't bother with the original release due to other games and stuff at the time. PS4 release though, I'll definitely check it out. Heard good things about the gameplay.
    It's worth it if you get it cheap, it's awful short (although I'm the kind of person that finishes the story and moves on) I don't think it's worth the full price but at €10 it's a good bit of entertainment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

ScumLord wrote: »
    It's worth it if you get it cheap, it's awful short (although I'm the kind of person that finishes the story and moves on) I don't think it's worth the full price but at €10 it's a good bit of entertainment.

Lol,I was in gamestop earlier & should have picked up the PS3 version for a tenner:o
    I've a voucher for Xtravision so no doubt I'll end up getting the PS4 version instead even if it's priced at €60.

zerks wrote: »
    Lol,I was in gamestop earlier & should have picked up the PS3 version for a tenner:o
    I've a voucher for Xtravision so no doubt I'll end up getting the PS4 version instead even if it's priced at €60.

i feeel dirty for buying this i know i should not buy it but im gonna lol
    look at it this way people spend mad money on ciggies I don't so there:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

biggebruv wrote: »
    i feeel dirty for buying this i know i should not buy it but im gonna lol

I've the same mentality about games & sports on tv.I listen to people telling me "oh I wouldn't spend that on a game or on Sky Sports,sure can't I go to the pub to watch the games".....Yeah & spend a small fortune on pints,listen to some eejit annoy you and miss half the action as you stand outside smoking.

I remember buying the original Tomb Raider for PS1,I think I still have it,an absolute classic that shaped a genre.Looking forward to playing the new one on the PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

biggebruv wrote: »

I'm going to use this rationalization for everything!

any prices coming in for this yet??

xtravision dont seem to know in the shops they think it might be 65 or 70 LOL they can stuff it

• Registered Users Posts: 12,484 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Comparing all versions of the game now.

Advertisement